25: The Right Direction

25: The Right Direction ★ 

"Is this really necessary?" I ask as Harry tugs on my hand, leading me to whatever he had planned. 

"Yes, it is. What's a surprise without a blindfold?" He asks me, even with my eyes covered, I can still hear the smile as he said that.

With my sense of sight gone, I trusted my other senses to try to pick out where we were. The distant sound of water splashing fills my ears; the soft grass underneath my sandals; the smell of freshly cut grass mixes in with a faint hint of chocolate. 

"Do I smell chocolate?" I ask, taking another whiff of the cool air. Definitely chocolate.

"You probably still have some chocolate batter wedged up your nose," Harry teases.

I take my forefinger and thumb and pinch his forearm hard. 

"Ow!" He says, "I was only joking."

"You better be because I have more where that came from," I tell him smugly.

"That's gonna bruise." He says with a light laugh. 

"Quit being a baby," I joke.

"It's official I have an abusive girlfriend," He says, dramatically. "I never thought this would happen to me." 

"Do you want me to pinch you again?" I ask dully.

"I think I'll pass." 

"So, how much longer until we get to this top secret location?" I ask changing the subject.

"Actually, we've already reached it. I've just been circling you around for the past five minutes." He admits with a laugh. 

"Are you kidding me?" I laugh forcibly. 

"I wanted to make it seem like we were walking for a long time!" He says defensively as I fall silent, debating whether or not I should be flattered or upset. "Are you going to pinch me again?"

"I'm thinking about it." The second that leaves my mouth, Harry drops my hand and suddenly I feel lost. "Harry!"

I stick out my hands, trying to feel in front of me, but all I get is air. That jerk! I'm blindfolded in the middle of god knows where and he let's go of my hand. 

Suddenly, I remember that I can just pull off my blindfold myself. I reach up behind and untie the thick cloth that Harry had tied. As it falls, my eyes widen as I see where we were. My recent thoughts all fade the second I take the beautiful sight in. 

Harry did all this?

The first thing I see is a small pond in the center of the park, a tiny fountain cycling water through. Underneath the fountain, there were lights glistening, making the water glow a wide range of colors. Off to the right is a large slide and a red and blue swing set. I couldn't stop smiling, just the park alone was so small and secluded. I look down and my eyes settle on a small picnic set. The blanket is already opened up where two small plates were settled on top, along with a variety of food. I almost thought that my Aunt Julia had set this up. There was so much food.

"Surprise," Harry whispers into my ear as he hugs me from behind.

I jump up at the sudden sound but then quickly relax once I feel Harry's familiar touch. It was something that I have grown used to. His constant hold on me, his hot breath at my neck, his voice in my ear. God, I could stay like this forever.