Chapter Forty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Kaidan. For last night, for everything. It meant a lot to me."

"That's okay," I said softly, turning to look out the window. 

"To be honest, that was probably the most intense sex I've ever had, even if I was topping from the bottom."

I didn't question his phrasing; there were lots of things he said that didn't really make sense to me so I just went with it now. 

"In a good way?" I asked, wanting to be sure. 

He nodded unquestioningly. "Definitely. I'd glad it was with you. First time for both of us. Well... Wanna-be first time for me..."

"Well, all that matters to me is that it was good for you."

Jay smiled a little. "It was."

"Good," I murmured as I smiled to myself. 

That was honestly all that had mattered to me. We'd done it for him, he'd wanted to do it - 'needed', apparently - but it would have been for nothing if it hadn't been good for him. In my opinion at least. 

We were quiet as he drove towards the college, the radio playing in the background but ignored. Our silence was comfortable, and I was happy with it. I didn't feel the need to break it. I was happy just sat here in the car with him while he held my hand. Both our windows were open, the summer air whipping through the car. I looked up at Jay; his hair almost reknowned for going with the wind. It was looking very much like sex hair, more than usual anyway. I smiled happily and went back to looking at our surroundings as we sped through the town. 

We pulled into the car park and he pulled up just outside the reception. 

"Ollie and I are going out this morning. Finn got called into the office early this morning to deal with some idiots so Ollie's on his own. Want me to get you anything when I come to pick you up?" he asked. 

I shook my head. "No, don't worry. Just have fun and tell him I said hi."

"I will do," he promised, letting go of my hand. "Go learn something for me."

I grinned and leant across to kiss him. He put his hand lightly on my cheek, as if he didn't want me to go. Suddenly I just wanted to stay. I didn't want to go to my classes, didn't want to see Sam. I hadn't even thought about Sam all weekend. I'm such a good friend. I just wanted to stay with Jay. 

"Go on, kitten," he said, almost pushing me towards the door. "Have a good day."

"I'll try," I said, smiling as I moved to get out. 

"Um, Kaidan?" Jay said, sounding tentative. "You know..."

I turned to look at him, leaning down from where I was stood on the curb. 

"You've got a bit of a whale tail there," he told me, biting his lip. I frowned slightly. "Your thong. Might want to pull your jeans up a bit."

I gasped in surprise and blushed, pulling them up and my top down, hoping to cover it. Jay just laughed softly. 

"It's kind of hot, to be honest though."

I blushed more and stood up. "Just go have fun, idiot."

He grinned widely as I shut the door, slinging my bag over my shoulder. I waved as he made a U-turn in the middle of the car park that shouldn't have been possible, but then I remembered that Jay probably had the best car money could buy. 

I headed in, checking the time on my phone, happier now. I still had a bit of time before I had to get to my lesson so I didn't have to rush like I'd thought I would. I signed in quickly and headed towards my locker. I frowned when I approached it. There was a guy stood beside it, as if he was waiting for me. He seemed familiar, one of Sam's friends?