'I like me better when I'm with you'

Start from the beginning

"Here you go." Tom handed over 2 bottles of Captain Morgan and Laney held up Cards against Humanity.

"Rum!" Scarlett's eyes lit up as she accepted the 2 bottles.

"And I was going to bring JENGA however...." Laney's eyes scanned the room and she saw Chris who had stood up from his seat at the small dining table.

"That was MY entrance fee!" He called out.

"You used my game?!" Laney mocked shock.

Chris shrugged with a lopsided grin. "Maybe you'll win tonight if you're up for a rematch." He held up his hands for a high 5.

"You're going down Evans." She slapped his hands 5 but he grabbed them, intertwining their fingers for a moment.

"Knock knock." Hiddleston tapped on the door stepping around Holland.

"Hiddleston in the house!" Mackie announced.

"Is that a thing you're doing?" Laney teased Mackie.

"Yes it is little witch. Now take your spiderling and move along." He turned to Hiddleston. "Where's your entrance fee?"

"Mackie makes a hell of a bouncer." Chris laughed.

"Ahem." Tom cleared his throat as he attempted to pass Chris and Laney whose hands were still lingering together.

Laney snatched her hand away and followed Tommy towards the table where she set the card game down.

"Steady girl." Holland whispered just loud enough so Laney could hear.

"I need alcohol." Laney grabbed the rum from where Scarlett had set it on the counter lined with the other bottles of liquor. Also grabbing a bottle of coke she made herself a captain and coke, heavy on the captain. She made one for Holland as well returning to the table she sat it down in front of him.

"Aw thanks Laney." He gave her a sugary sweet smile.

"Hey! Not fair. I need to grow up to be like Holland." Chris gestured towards the drinks.

"I can make you one. Captain and coke is my specialty." Laney stood back up.

"No I'm kidding!" Chris motioned for her to sit back down.

"No let her make it." Holland took a big sip of his. "She does make them perfect."

Laney shrugged.

"How about you teach me your ways?" Chris walked over to the counter.

"I can try. It's all a science." She laughed.

Hiddleston watched Laney interact with Chris from his seat on the couch next to Renner.

It had been a week since Laney had come to his hotel room and he hadn't stopped thinking about her since. He watched as she made a drink with Evans laughing, her eyes lightening up. He watched the way she ran her finger along the simple gold necklace that lay delicately across her collar bone and he swallowed. She had to know what she was doing, wearing her hair in the way he loved that showed off her neck. Wearing the gold necklace he had given to her because he knew how beautiful it would look on her. Suddenly, as if she felt his gaze upon her, she looked up at him. He raised an eyebrow challenging her. The look on her face was unreadable at first but then she gave him a small smile before Chris took her attention again.

"I friggin love this game!" Laney laughed putting her drink to her lips she took a long sip.

Sitting in a circle at the dining table they were playing the card game Presidents aka Asshole. Currently Laney was reigning president with Jeremy as VP. Holland was the asshole and was having a hard time getting out of his current status. Laney had made the rule that everyone must call her Madam President. If they slipped and called her anything but they had to drink.

"We need a new game." Holland grumbled.

"Drink peasant!" Laney laughed.

"De-throne the president!" Holland slammed his fist on the table but took a sip of his drink anyway.

"It's impeach the president darling!" Laney winked.

"Whatever impeach, de-throne, you need to be overthrown."

"Who taught you to play cards?" Sebastian asked.
"Umm...Tom actually." Laney looked across the table at Tom and blushed.

Tom shrugged. "She's a natural."

"No she's not." Holland said flatly. "You're just super lucky tonight."

"Drink!" Laney pointed at him across the table with a laugh.

Holland rolled his eyes but tilted his cup back finishing his drink.

An hour later everyone was tipsy, tired and ready to go home. Scarlett started to push everyone out the door.

Although Tommy and Laney had arrived together, his hotel was in the opposite direction. He was staying at the same hotel Mackie and Jeremy were staying at so he took a car with them instead. Chris had offered to ride home with Laney but since his hotel was in the same direction as Mackie, Jeremy and Tommy's it didn't make sense for him to ride with her and not them.

Somehow Laney ended up in the same car as Tom. Their hotels weren't near each other by any means, but they weren't near anyone else either.

Laney sat stiffly and as close to the door as possible. Despite all the alcohol she had consumed she felt extremely uptight.

"You can relax. I promise I won't bite." Tom could read her body language like a book.

Laney turned her head slightly looking at him out of the corner of her eye.

"You can't even look at me?" He asked with an amused look.

"I can." She shifted dramatically so she was facing him her leg folded as she did so and it brushed against him.

"You look so beautiful." He said his voice soft.

"I do?" She leaned her head against the back of the seat, her eyes searching his face as the passing streetlights illuminated the car.

He nodded and very slowly scooted a little closer to her. He tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear before taking his finger and delicately tracing it down her jaw. She closed her eyes trying not to lose herself in his simple touch.

His hand dropped back to his lap and she opened her eyes.

"Why did you stop?" Her eyes darted down to his lap.

"Didn't you want me to stop?"

Barely moving she shook her head no.

He reached his hand back up to cup her face. "Darling, I'm afraid this is the alcohol talking." He gave her half a smile.

She shook her head again, "I miss you." Her voice was barely above a whisper.

"And I you." He replied as she reached up taking his hand in hers. She closed her eyes, inhaling deeply taking in his familiar scent.

"I miss you." She repeated. She took his hand guiding it to her waist where he wasted no time in pulling her towards him, her legs straddling him in the confined space of the back of the car. Before she could lower her mouth to his the car stopped.

"Come in?" Tom pushed the door open. Grabbing his hand she followed behind him up to his hotel room.