Time Loop (Otis x Olympia)

Start from the beginning

During their break, October rushed up to Otis, cutting Olympia off.

"Do you want to have lunch with me? I know where all the different kinds of food are, and everything. You can literally order whatever you want," she emphasized.

Otis smiled slightly. "Sure." He hated to admit it, but he kind of liked her bold personality. Plus, she was also kind of pretty.

Olympia stared after them, her mouth gaped open in absolute shock. What was going on here?

Olympia had to endure the pain of watching Otis with October the entire lunch period, and she felt depressed as they laughed and talked with one another. Why was he so forward with her?

Finally the day came to a close, and Olympia had given up on ever catching her partner.

"Olympia! How do you think today went?" Otis seemed so serious as he locked his arms behind him.

"Why don't you ask, October? You obviously like her." Olympia squinted her eyes in an accusing manner, not meaning for that to slip out, but she was angry.

"October?" He glanced behind himself at the girl, who was giving him one last wave with a small smile on the school's grounds. When he turned back though, the other girl he had been with had disappeared, and he felt a pang of guilt in his heart.

The next day everything was back to normal, except for Olympia's mood towards Otis, which hadn't improved since the previous day.

"So, how about Shapely University?" Otis sounded more awkward than he ever had, and the fake smile wasn't helping.

"What about it?" His partner seemed so nonchalant, as she busied herself with paperwork.

He sighed, licking his lips for a moment. "Look, Olympia, I'm sorry about leaving you to be with October yesterday. I guess I just caught up in the excitement of visiting a new place..."

Olympia had cut him off though, by slamming her bulky stack of folders filled with reports down. "Otis! You hate new things! Stop lying to me! Like I said before, you obviously like her."

"Why does it matter so much to you," Otis questioned suddenly, his eyebrows scrunched together.

"It doesn't." She was still acting grumpy as she crossed her arms, pouting down at her keyboard.

"Yes, it does. I can tell."

"Just forget it, Otis." She shook her head, standing up to just leave.

"No! I can't forget it! Olympia, you're my best friend and partner. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you."

"Well, congratulations, because that's what you just did." She held up her hands in mock surrender.

"Why are you acting this way? I said I was, sorry," he reminded her.

"Talk to me when October's just a month again." She then finally left, Otis calling her name after her. He didn't see the tears though that had started streaming down her face.

Otis didn't understand why Olympia was making such a big deal out of this. He had apologized, and he hadn't even seen October since their college visit. He explained the entire situation to Oona in the lab one day, when Olympia refused to solve cases together again.

"She likes you, Otis! How can you not see that?!" It was as though Oona had whacked his head with an invisible hand.

"Olympia likes me..." Otis was in disbelief, his mouth forming an "O" shape.

"Yes! She's liked you for awhile now. I'm surprised you didn't catch on sooner."

"I have to go talk to her! Finally, maybe I can fix things." Otis was partly talking himself, as he ran straight for the Odd Squad warehouse.

Olympia was assigned to sort a small area of it, since she refused to solve real cases with him.

"Olympia," he called, running straight for her.

Her eyes widened as she held her hands out. "Wait, Otis! No!"

Just as his hand barely brushed against hers, there was a bright flash, but everything seemed the same, except Olympia's suit no longer had splashes of spilled paint on it.

"What's going on?" He looked around the place warily.

Olympia sighed as she sagged her shoulders. "You're in my time loop now."

"Your time loop," echoed Otis, clearly puzzled.

"Yes, Otis. I didn't want to have to ever deal with you, so I trapped myself in my own time loop."

He finally noticed the broken contents of the gadget on the floor.

"That's crazy, Olympia. Do you realize how hard it is to fix this? Remember the time with Oona?"

"I know... but what was I supposed to do? Either see you with October, or keep avoiding you... They both hurt too much..." She looked away as she sat on the floor, but just then the time reset, and she was standing in front of him again, their hands almost touching.

"Olympia, I haven't even seen October since that day at Shapely University," he shared.

"I know... but you like her, right? I just... I always thought..."

"It would be us," he finished for her, causing her to widen her eyes as she looked at him.

"How...," she trailed off.

"Oona told me," Otis admitted.

The blinding flash hit them again, but they acted as though it had never happened.

"But I'm glad she did, because Olympia, I never realized that you felt the same."

"Felt the same..." Olympia wasn't catching on.

Otis firmly took her hands, looking directly into her clueless brown eyes.

"Felt the same as I do. Olympia, I've liked you for awhile now. I just didn't want to ruin our friendship..."

Zero reaction.

"Olympia," he hesitantly asked, but then her mouth opened widely, which proceeded with the quiet squeal.

She then stepped forward, surprising him with a light kiss, her hand lightly resting on the back of his head. He softly kissed her back, and they didn't have to pull away, since the vivid light had gone off again.

"You know, I don't think I mind staying in this time loop." He slightly smirked, as Olympia's grin only widened.

"Me either, but we should probably start finding the parts to fix the gadget," she admitted.

"You don't have them with you," exclaimed Otis in disbelief.

"I planned on staying here for forever, so..." She wasn't sure how to finish that sentence.

Otis sighed before gently taking her hand. "Don't worry, partner. We'll figure it out together, just like we always do."

Olympia smiled a tiny bit, before finding his hand again after the time loop reset. "You're the best, Otis."

"No, you're the best," he playfully argued.

"No, clearly...," she continued as their harmless fight continued.

Even as the time loop continued around them, they didn't mind. Not even a time loop could ruin their relationship.

A/N: Do you like it when I have more Otis and Olympia one shots? Just wondered, 'cause since they're my favorite ship I figured I should write more about them (which I enjoy so much). Thank you so much for reading! Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you! (: