Blue (Ori x Orchid)

(Ori x Orchid)

Olive and Otto had had the worst time of their lives trying to keep track of the newest Odd Squad recruit. He had been disappearing all over headquarters, and they couldn't understand how he could leave so quickly. The question they should have been asking though was, why? Apparently he had spotted a beautiful girl about his age. She had long, dark brown hair with a neat side braid, and also eyes that he thought were light green. He could never catch up to her though, especially since she could effortlessly maneuver through the building. He was just getting used to where everything was. Finally when he was caught his curiosity paid off, for Ms. O was proud to present him with his official, Odd Squad badge, since he had dealt with the scariest rooms in the hall of doors. Just as she was giving it to him though, he caught a glimpse of a small, red sneaker, and he was off. Needless to say, he never ran into the mystery girl, and what made it worse was that he had to be sent away for a little extra training. When he came back, he was so excited to tell Olive and Otto how he had found out his favorite color was blue, which he didn't understand why that seemed so important to him. It turned out to be the worst first day, since he accidentally let a centigurp loose in headquarters, which turned into a hundred. He had gotten some help from a scientist named, Odelia, but then something, or someone, had destroyed his new boxes for the creatures. He was so upset that it didn't hit him at first who was talking to him. She told him that she would either say sorry, give him help, or take him to a movie, but he could only choose one. He sighed as he decided on the help, and she was able to calculate how many new containers he would need. Soon he was on his way, and in the end everything turned out fine, except when he pressed the button, that he assumed everyone did on their first day like messing up with the centigurps. Once things had calmed down, he sat all alone in the break room, swinging his legs back and forth from the rounded seats, that were tall to him. He was lost in his thoughts, when a familiar pair of feet were standing next to where he sat, and his eyes widened as it hit him. Of course! It had to be her! He lifted his gaze to see the small, girl agent from that day when he was merely a potential recruit.

"I hope you're happy, Sherman! Because of you I had to help with the alarm system, and I was supposed to have lunch with my brother today," she exclaimed, her arms crossed, and her eyes narrowed in a menacing manner.

Ori only gaped at her though, still in shock that she was the one from before. And then something else dawned on him. The hair tie she had in her small, side braid, it was blue. That was why that was his favorite color! That was why it had stood out to him!

"Aren't you going to say something, Sherman? You owe me an apology," she sassed.

"What's your name," he shot out without warning.

"Excuse me?" Her accusing gaze had worsened, but all Agent Ori could focus on was what he had just found out.

"What's your name? I really want to know," he practically pleaded.

"Apologize first, and I might tell you my name," she negotiated.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you miss lunch with your brother," he apologized quickly.

"That's right. No one messes with, Orchid." She then snapped her fingers in a z-formation, but Ori was grinning like an idiot.

"So, your name's Orchid. I was beginning to think it was, Sherman," he admitted.

Orchid sighed in annoyance as she also rolled her eyes. "Are we done here?"

"No. It's me, Ori. The boy you helped get the centigurps," he explained.