Chapter Fifteen: Emergency Conference Part Two

Holy crap guys. *Faints* 1,011 reads! That is amazing! Thank you for getting this story over 1,000 reads! Okay lovelies here's the next chapter :) Oh and this chapter is sad. If you've seen into darkness you know what I'm talking about :(

***********************************************************************************************************************

         Jim dove to the floor as two officers were blown out of their chairs and another dived over the table seeking shelter from the blasts. He laid there for a moment, then spotted Pike across the room.

        "We need air defense team, Daystrom conference room!" He screamed into his communicator. The room was in total chaos. The enemy ship relentlessly fired upon them.

        Jim's eyes found the door and through it he watched several officers with guns rush in. They opened fire on the enemy ship only to be blasted and killed within seconds. The sound of glass shattering was all around Jim. He could hardly breathe. Through the door he also spotted Lily and the guy from the bar firing on the ship. Thank God she's alright. Wait what the hell is that guy doing here? He thought. He pushed the thought from his mind. He didn't have time for questions right now.

        Jim shot up and sprinted across the room towards Lily. He barley escaped several different shots that could have killed him. He spotted a gun and crouched to grab it as he ran. He managed to make it past Lily. She lit up at the sight of Jim. She had thought for sure that he had been killed. 

        Lily, Conor and Jim continued firing through the hall windows. The ship was targeting the conference room which left them free of laser shots.

        Back inside the room Admiral Marcus managed to position himself behind a pillar. Fear was plastered on his wrinkled face. In the center of the room Pike tripped and hit the ground hard. Spock was across from him. He was crouched over one of the other conference members, checking to see if he was alive. Once Spock realized that the man beneath him was dead he looked across over to Pike, who was still laying on the ground. Pike looked up and their eyes connected, just as a blast fired and hit Pike directly in the chest, knocking him back. Spock moved and grabbed Pike under the arms and pulled him into a spare room behind the main conference room. The wall separating the rooms had been blown apart leaving them victim to stray shots. Spock placed Pike down on a small couch like chair. Blood trickled from his mouth as he looked up at Spock.

***********************************************************************************************************************

        Jim began to realize that their shots weren't affecting the ship at all, and he noticed the motor that was keeping the ship in the air. It spun and sucked the air in as if it were a vacuum. Jim turned around to find an emergency fire kit behind glass in the wall. He broke the glass with his gun and dragged the hose out. Lily and Conor stopped firing and watched as Jim tied his gun to the end of the hose. He then launched it out the window and towards the ships motor. The gun got shredded and sucked up along with the hose into the motor. The hose continued to get sucked up and it was quickly being unraveled from its place in the wall.

        Finally it reached as far as it could go and the entire wall broke loose. Jim, Lily and Conor ducked as the chunk of wall sailed over their heads and into the ships side. It rammed into the motor causing it to malfunction. Slowly different parts of the ship exploded. The ship began tilting and losing altitude. As the ship turned Jim was able to not only see the ships pilot but also to make eye contact with him. It was John Harrison. The ship continued spinning but somehow Harrison was beamed out of it before it lost power completely and dropped down to the ground far below. 

        Conor rushed into the conference room searching for his father. He found him on the ground in a pool of blood. He was already dead. Conor sunk to his knees and laid his head against his fathers chest. It was strange to not feel it rise and fall with each breath he took. You bastard. Conor thought.  You killed my father. I will find you, John Harrison, and I will murder you. Tears began falling from his eyes. He clutched his fathers chest and sobbed violently into his uniform. Conor had never felt more alone in his life.

***********************************************************************************************************************

        Back in the small room where Spock and Pike were, Pike's breathing was heavily labored. Spock placed two fingers beneath Pike's right eye and his thumb on Pike's chin. Pike coundn't speak as he lay there dying. Spock's eyes grew wide and his emotions betrayed him. He stared down into Pike's face as tears streamed down the older mans face. His lips quivered as if he was trying to speak but after a moment his face finally went still and his eyes glazed over.

        Spock removed his hand from Pike's face just as Jim and Lily came running up behind them. Jim stopped short at the sight of Pike. His eyes widened and his face contracted momentarily from grief. Lily stopped and raised her hand over her mouth. Tears had already began streaming down her cheeks. Pike had been there through nearly everything. He was the man who convinced her and Jim to become part of Starfleet and now she was staring at his lifeless body.

        Jim knelt down next to Spock. Their eyes met and Jim's face displayed utter disbelief and pain. He placed his fingers against Pike's neck searching for a pulse that wasn't there. After a few seconds Jim began to cry and he laid his head down on Pike's chest. Jim had considered Pike like a father and seeing his dead body made Jim want to vomit. Jim clutched Pike's shoulder and then forced himself up. More tears escaped him as he looked down at Pike. After a few moments Jim stood and placed a hand on Spock's shoulder. Spock didn't move. Jim turned and grabbed Lily. He hugged her tightly and cried while she sobbed into his shoulder. After a few minutes Jim pulled away but Lily didn't move. Jim walked away leaving the two behind.