"It's baby Mai. What'd I tell you, I knew we were having a girl." Dabi smiled and looked at his daughter. From what he could tell, she had green hair, just like Izuku, and pale skin.

Izuku laughed a bit and tried to look at his kid but they took her to get cleaned up. "Daiki..." He looked at his husband. "Where are they taking her?"

"To go get cleaned up. We'll get to see her after, okay?"

"Oh. Okay..."

Dabi noticed that they weren't closing up yet. "Is something wrong?"

The doctor looked at Dabi. "Someone put him under and get the husband out of here."

"Daiki?" Izuku looked at him. "What's going on?"

"It's gonna be okay. Just calm down. It's gonna be fine. I'm gonna go with Mai to go check on her okay?" Dabi stood up. "I love you, okay?" Izuku nodded.

They anesthetized Izuku.

Dabi walked out of the operating room and they led him back to Izuku's room. He stopped and turned to the nurse. "What's wrong with him? Why weren't they closing?"

"A complication. Once they finish, his doctor will come to talk to you." The nurse left.

Dabi groaned and passed a hand through his hair.

Shoto walked up to him. "What's going on? Where's Izuku and the baby?"

"Mai, it was a girl, is getting checked up on. I think they're gonna bring her to us once they're done."

"And Izuku?" Bakugo heard them talking so he stood up, still holding Ren, and walked over to them.

"What about Deku?"

"He's in the operating room. There was a complication or something." Dabi looked down. He could already feel tears forming in his eyes.

"Wait, what? Do I need to go into that operating room and punch the shit out of someone? Cause I will." Bakugo handed Ren over to Shoto and pulled up his sleeves.

"No. Don't. If you do, they won't help Izu." Dabi groaned. "They didn't even tell me what was wrong. They just kicked me out of the room and now I'm scared somethings gonna happen to Izu." His voice cracked.

"Hey, hey, hey. Izuku is strong. If he can have two kids, a husband, a quirk that was passed down by the number one hero and can deal with Bakugo, he can survive this."

Bakugo looked at him, looking offended. "Oh, wow, I feel loved."

"You're right. I shouldn't worry, right? He's gonna be fine."

* * *

"He lost a lot of blood, we gave him more blood but he had a stroke on the table."

"A stroke? Oh, god..." Dabi bit his lip. "What does that mean?" He looked back at Izuku, laying in the bed, breathing normally.

"A stroke means there wasn't enough blood getting to the brain. Because of that, it led him to go into a coma."

Dabi's eyes widened. "A-A coma?"

"About 94% of coma patients wake up in about a year. He's been showing a lot of brain activity, and thats good."

"What about the other 6%?"

"They don't wake up and their family chooses to take them off of health support."

"How long will it take for him to wake up?"

"Coma patients with over 42% of brain activity wake up within a year. It could take up to a year for him to wake up."

"Okay. Thank you."

"If you need anything, let me know." The doctor walked away.

Dabi wiped his tears and walked into the room.

He walked over to Shoto, who was holding Mai, and carefully took her out of his arms. "Hey, baby girl. You look just like your papa. He's sorry he can't be awake to see how beautiful you are." His voice cracked.

Shoto and Katsuki looked at him. "Hey, Daiki. What'd the doctor tell you?"

Dabi looked up at them. "He's in a coma." He looked back down at Mai. "But we have to be strong for Papa. He can't wake up to a broken family."

"Yeah. We've gotta be strong for Deku." Katsuki looked down at Ren and hugged him.

Ren and Mai didn't know what the hell was going on. Ren just held onto Katsuki and Mai was just asleep in his dads arms.

* * *

a/n

word count: 1099, without this a/n

sorry if any of this was wrong, this was kinda rushed because I felt so bad about not posting in a while.

Voltron season 6: okay. I get they're going back to earth to get the plans for the castle, but if they don't go to Cuba, aka the most homesick persons home aka Lances home, I'm gonna scream. HE WANTS TO GO HOME. and if klance doesn't become canon I'm also going to scream.