0.03

I wanted to dedicate this to Bel_98 because what she told me about this book made my day!! I hope you like this chapter and continue reading this book!

------------------------------

    My heart was beating loud in my chest that I was positive he could hear it. At this point the first guy who had grabbed me had let go if me completely.

I stayed quiet, not even sure of what I should do next.

"I just wanted to talk to you" John finally continued, "I didn't mean to scare you"

I was finally able to see his green leafy eyes in the dark, and I knew it was him. My racing heart was finally coming to a trot, and my mouth felt dry.

His words were also  finally registered in my head. He did all this to talk to me? What the hell is his problem?

"You wanted to talk?" I asked. I twisted my head back to see if the man who had grabbed me was still there, and thankfully he had already shuffled to the side.

He nodded his head "Come inside" he nodded towards the black truck "We could talk while I drive you home"

What? I was so confused as to what I'm the world was happening. And to be honest, I wasn't sure if I wanted to get in the car with him.

He noticed my stillness as he was already walking back to the truck. "Lacely I really didn't mean to scare you, I honestly just want to talk" his voice was softening up little by little, but it was still the same deep rough voice.

Was I really thinking about getting in the truck with him? Yes. Although I was hesitant, I felt as if I could trust John.

I walked towards the truck behind him, feeling the tears that were once on my face now dry.

We both got in the back seat, while the guy who chased after me got in the drivers side.

"Why did you just go to the bar" I finally spoke. My heart was now in a clam stead rhythm, and I was feeling exhausted.

"I did. I got there late and you were already gone. So I called Daniel and he gave me your address" my eyebrows where knitted together. What's so damn important? "I was on my way over there when I saw you walking on the side walk. I tried to get your attention, but you started running, I didn't want you to run home thinking someone was trying to abduct you"  he  finished. He spoke with no emotion and all I could do was stare I him blankly.

What in the world did he want with me? And without realizing it, I blurted it out "why did you wanna talk to me?" I avoided eye contact, and I was staring at the buttons of his suit.

      "I want to make you an offer" he said bussiness like but yet distant.

      "An offer?" My face scrunched you in confusion and this time, I did look up to meet his eye.

      "There is something that I need to get done and in return I'll give you something you need" he stated. at this point he had shifted his whole body towards me.

      What? Is he being serious? "What?" I without thinking again, confusion was more than evident.

      "I must get married in less than 6 months, for personal reasons. I wanted to ask you if you were willing to marry me and in return for each month you spend with me I'll give you 10,000 dollars. Once I no longer need to be married we will get a divorce, and we could both move in with our lives ." he stated calmly.