0.08

This chapter is for Starswillshine4563 For being amazing! Thank you!

-------------------------------------------

I unconsciously whipped my head a little bit to the side, looking over at the microwave clock.

10:23

I turned my attention back to the bowl I was rinsing in the sink. I let out a small sigh, moving the bowl side to side while the water cascaded down it gently, ran down the other dishes in the sink as well.

John never came, and I didn't know if I should be relieved, or worried shitless. Relieved because I didn't have to do the most awful acting in the world. Or worried shitless because he wasn't here. He said the latest would be 9. Not 10:30.

Guilt was eating at me for thanking the heavens when he didn't show up at 8:00 and praying to God he would call to cancel. Now Jesus is punishing me for wishing such horrible things. No, he didn't even call to let me know if he was coming or not. Now I'm stuck here thinking what about if he was coming and something happened on the way here? What if-

Four rapid knocks on the door startled me. I whipped my head around to see Ceci shoving a spoonful of flan in her mouth while scrambling up the chair she was lazily slouched on.

"It's Oscar" She mumbled over the food in her mouth, pulling down her thigh length dress in the processes and scattering out the kitchen and into the hallway in her high heels.

I nodded in response, turning back to the last bowl sitting in the metal sink.

"Oh hey! Come in, come in" Cecilia's voice called out, followed by the creaking of the door opening wider.

"Lacey!" Cecilia exclaimed

"Your piece of flan is in the fridge" I sighed, reaching over to my right to grab the dry towel. I was tried, my whole body was aching and all I wanted to do was sleep.

Suddenly two big strong arms wrapped themselves around my waist. I jumped, my hands flying to the pair of hands clutching me closer to their body.

"Hey" John said, pecking my left cheek lightly. I relaxed in his arms, relief washing over me. He's okay, I thought, before I tensed in his arms again. Shit. He's here. But my Mom was asleep. I quickly relaxed again before tensing again.

"Hi" I croaked out.

"Relax, just go with it" John whispered lowly in my ear.

I nodded stiffly, breathing out. Surely we don't need to do this in front of Cecilia. I mean, she already knows about this fake relationship, so why the hell pretend in front of her?

Turning around in his arms, I gave him the best affectionate smile I could muster.

"Why are you here late?" I tightly bit out, awkwardly putting my hand on his shoulders.

While I was over her as stiff as a rock, he was as all calm and relaxed, pulling me closer to his body. He smelled good, to good.

"Something came up right before I left" He mumbled above me.

A women's legs. The stupid voice piped up to sneer and my eyes slightly widened and my eyes landed on a pieces of hair that was sticking up.

"Oh" My fingers itched to put down the stray hair but before I did something stupid-like fix his dam hair.

"I got the twins something"

My eyes snapped back to John. I studied him, wanting to know if he was lying or not but his face was serious. "Why" I whispered confused. I mean, he didn't have to do that. He didn't have to do anything.