42. Lily

All I could see was bright blinding light and then from inside my chest I felt a burst of bright light building up inside of me. I felt a weight bringing my back forward and as I turned my head, my face was in a bunch of feathers. I leaned back to  study the feathers and...Slowly...it dawned on me that I - Lily had wings!!!

Am I in heaven?  Am I an Angel? How do I make my wings move?

I gently rolled my shoulders back and took a running start. Then I jumped as high as I could into the air. It was like an instinct that made my wings open up until I was a few feet above the ground.

It felt like magic. I dove higher and higher pushing my wings up and down...until I fell down in a spiral, I swooped up and down, spiral after spiral. I closed my eyes. It felt like I was in heaven.

  "You've figured out how to fly without any help or instructions what so ever." Said a voice near me.

I faltered to a stop and swiveled my self around until I saw the source of the voice.

A woman, shining as bright as the sun hovered near me. She was beautiful, more beautiful than I have ever seen before.

  "Who are you? "I asked cautiously. "Where am I?"

She sighed softly and flew closer to me. "I suppose you truly don't remember who I am." She began to sing me a tune. One that I sang myself to sleep. One that I've known since I was a young.

Could she be? No...it wasn't-couldn't have been her...or could it be?

"Mother?"I said hesitantly.

She nodded and smiled. Her eyes began to water. "It's so good to see you. My daughter."

She embraced me. We hovered with each others arms wrapped around each other,and I began to cry.

"I wish I could have between their for  you. Things here haven't been alright... you see... you are unique... your as unique as Sky. You have been given a gift. Not only the gift to Heal, or to fly, but to see the best in people. You can tell if a person is lying or telling the truth."

"I have too get home... I have to help out Sky... and... Kevin..."

"Your part Angel so you've imprinted on him? That means that you are dead to the world right now. I need you to remember that once you imprint on someone your bond with them is greater than ever before."

"I'm going to miss you so much. Will I be able to see you again?" I asked. But I saw no one... and soon I was flooded into darkness.