Blind Not Deaf ~30

Axel and the team had won 2 games for the past 2 days. Game 3 is what would win their title as state champions. The pressure was on now. Everything the team had trained for, come down to this moment. This game is what would really count. How bad they wanted it.

Coach Brad huddled the team up in the dug out.

"Listen guys. I believe we will play our best today. I have a lot faith in you guys and whether we lose today, you guys will always be champions to me. Now let's go play some ball."

They hoot and took their positions in the field.
~~~~

Near the last ending, the score was tied. 15-15. The team become anxious which wasn't good when they were so close to winning. It all came down to Axel. The jitters that ran out through his body. Surprisingly he was able to hold the bat up right.

"Strike one!" Axel swung and missed

'This is not good. Please not now.'

The pitcher send another ball down to home plate.

"Strike two!"

'Ugh!'

"Time!" Coach Brad walked up to Axel

"It's okay. Loosen up."

"I'm trying!" Axel snapped

"Axel, you have to calm down. Try not focus on winning too much. Remember our practices. You must be one with the ball. Take a breath and relax. You got this." Coach Brad encouraged

'Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. I got this.'

Axel closed his eyes, listening for the wind. The dirt that smushed under the pitcher's feet. Axel knew he had thrown the ball. He listened for how the ball carried in air, coming fast. Axel swung with all his might and opened his eyes.

Clink!

The ball made contact with the bat and soared into the outfield and hit the fence.

"Home run!" The crowd shouts

Axel took off to first base, second base, then third, and sliding onto home plate. His team just won? His team had won!

Axel felt the team lift him off the ground and above their heads. Other had the joy of pouring the sport drinks on Coach Brad.

Alyana and his parents ran down from the bleachers and engulfed him in their embrace.

"You did! We're so proud of you!"

Jc tackled Axel and ruffled his hair.

"Dude we won!"

Alyana than hugged Axel and kissed him passionately as the earth seemed to stop around them. Axel held her tight against his body and lifted her off the ground.

 Axel held her tight against his body and lifted her off the ground

What a game to remember.
~~~~~

Vote
Comment
Follow