Blind Not Deaf~26

"We're not sure Axel. You heard what the doctor said. It hasn't been as successful with some people. This is a huge risk and you might be worst than before." His mother exclaimed

"We don't know that if we don't try. Mom you have to let me do this. You have no idea what it's like in my shoes. Sure I've gotten used to it and I know I handled it well but mom. The one thing that I loved to do since I was kid is slipping through my fingers. Coach may have me on the team but my effort isn't enough. I can do more if you and dad will let me follow through with this procedure."

Mrs. Rodgers sighed heavily. She knew it was his dream to play baseball from day one and she never wanted to take that away. Not that she was giving in but it would be a parent effort with Mr. Rodgers. The surgery hadn't been properly conveyed to him. How he may feel about it was unknown.

"I'm not saying yes and I'm not saying no. You will have to give me time to think and also talk to your father. He's been busy lately so we'll see."
~~~~

Jc sat next to Axel on the front porch. He recently was updated on the news. The fact that Axel would possibly be able to see again excited him but he didn't want to get his hopes up in case it didn't fall through.

"Whatever mom and dad decides will be okay. They're very understanding people and so are you. Whether this surgery is happening or not, if it or doesn't turns out the way you hoped. I just want you know I will always love you."

Axel smiled and kindly thanked his brother. The front door soon opens, standing Mr. and Mrs. Rodgers.

"We've made a decision."
••••••••••••••

Vote
Comment
Follow