XL

Fuuga

It didn't take us long until we had finally reached Fuuga, the capital of the Wind Tribe.  Fortunately, my stamina lasted us the whole trip otherwise I would have ended up being a burden to Hak. That would have been troublesome considering the fact that we were on a strict schedule here (not).

As we approached the gate, I found two guards sleeping on the job. I would have shaken them awake but Hak beat me to it by kicking them awake instead. I softly snorted in laughter at their reactions afterwards. 

"You guys are as laid back as ever." Hak said reluctantly as he accepted their behavior.

"We are the Wind Tribe~ We live only as the wind blows~" The two replied together in harmony.

A small smile formed on my lips. The wind, huh? It kind of reminds me of Fon, he was like the wind as well. Except much fiercer when the situation called for it, a true Storm guardian. 

...

I miss them...

"Hey, that's Lord Hak!" A villager suddenly shouted. His voice brought me out of my short reverie. The villagers began gathering around us in response. They all looked delighted upon seeing him. They began bombarding him with questions just as he tried settling them down.

An older woman soon took notice of me since I had been standing beside Hak ever since the moment we arrived.

"Ara, who is this girl?" She asked in curiosity.

I smiled before bowing.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all, my name is Ying."

"Eh?! Is she your woman?" One woman called out.

"No way!" Another one exclaimed.

They all seemed to be in disbelief. I was about to correct them however Hak butted in. "No, she's a court lady-in-training." I kept quiet and gave a small nod of agreement when they looked at me for affirmation.

This time, they started bombarding me with questions but I was rather tired from fatigue after travelling for quite some time. Hak seemed to take note of it and told them to ask me again another time. 

I took a step and another until my body began to feel heavy. My next step ended up with me colliding with Hak's back. I immediately grabbed onto his arm before I could fully collapse on the floor.

"Hak." I called out. "Please give me support."

He nodded and then acted quite differently from what I had expected from him. I would have been happy with holding onto his arm while we walked to a building in where I could rest but instead he suddenly carried me in his arms.

K-Kyaa! T-This is the bridal carry I've seen and heard so much about but never experienced!

I could feel my cheeks heating up.

Hak, you idiot! This is so embarrassing!