XXXVII

Next Morning

Chirp chirp chirp

The sound of birds chirping woke me up and I was about to stretch when I realized that I was not leaning against the tree as I had originally intended, but was leaning against Hak instead. My eyes widened in surprise and I was about to jump away until I took a better look at his unconscious form.

My eyes softened at his haggard form.

Ah, he looks quite tired. I suppose I shouldn't bother him.

Before I knew it, my hand had been intending to reach out to touch him and I immediately pulled it away. I felt myself redden.

Gah! What do you think you're doing Yona?! I mentally berated myself. Calm yourself!

I looked around us and decided that we'd need some breakfast and since I was already awake...yeah, I'll go look around for some fruits for the time being. I gave Hak one more glance before slowly moving away from his person.

But before I left the area, I went and opened my bag to search for something to tie or at least pin my hair. I grumbled softly in annoyance when I found nothing. I was going to give up until I remembered the hairpin Soo-Won gave me during my birthday.

I patted down myself and checked my sleeves until I found it wedged in between my sash. I almost laughed but managed to stop myself in time.

To think it was there the whole time...

I cracked a small grin.

I think I'll keep it for a little while longer...

I used it to pin my long hair before I left the area with a knife I had hidden in my survival bag.