XVI

Ride

The next morning seemed normal as usual until I noticed that neither Hak or Soo-Won were around. I started to ponder as I let my feet lead me to wherever my current destination may be. My Hyper intuition started to buzz and I finally stopped walking, only to find out that I had ended up in front of the training grounds.

So this is where they were! I thought.

I secretly took a peek at what they were doing and saw them riding horses. On closer observation, I noticed that the both of them were holding a bow and that some arrows were slung around their shoulders. It was then I realized that they were doing archery. I looked to the side to find my father and Min-Soo (a servant) watching them.

Hmm... An interesting idea popped up in my head. Coincidentally, I had chosen to wear clothes that were fit for riding. I grinned at the thought of surprising them. I tied up my hair into a ponytail and then walked towards the stables. 

There, I saw a familiar-looking person and greeted him. "Princess Yona, what a surprise!" He exclaimed cheerfully. "Shall I lend you a steed?" He asked. I nodded and waited for him as he brought out a horse from one of the stalls. I smiled when I saw that it was one of those horses that I secretly rode on when neither my father or any of my usual guards were present.

"Hi, boy." I went forward to hug him. He made a nickering sound and started licking my cheek in excitement. I giggled and told him to stay still as I went to get the saddle and some rope. He waited patiently and just as I had asked, stood still as I placed it on him. 

"Thank you, sir." I said to the groom before leading the horse out of the stables. Once we were out, I climbed onto its back and asked it in a gentle voice to start moving forward. As he started moving, I suddenly realized something. I never did mention what this horse's name was, did I? It was -

"Kuri, let's take it up a notch, okay?" He neighed in response. His speed became faster until we finally reached the training grounds.

Yup! Time to surprise them.