XVII

Emperor Il's Interlude - Swift

Emperor Il knew he wasn't the best of rulers, with his cowardly ways and seemingly kind demeanor. However, he did love his daughter and his kingdom. No matter what anyone thought or said, he indeed loved the two both with care. Since he always hated wars and weapons, he resorted to asking for a non-aggression agreement with the other neighboring kingdoms in exchange for some of their kingdom's territory.

It was a solution which he knew wouldn't last. He wanted to sigh, perhaps his thoughts shouldn't be head -

Neeigghhh

A loud neighing sound stopped him from continuing his thoughts. He looked to the side to find another horse (although a lighter shade of brown in color compared to the other two) galloping towards Hak and Soo-Won's direction. His eyes immediately took note of the red-haired rider on top of it.

Wait...

...red hair?!

"YONA!" He shouted in fear.

She didn't respond and he watched as she rode on the horse like a natural. She urged it to go faster much to his dismay. Hak and Soo-Won were in kind of a mental bind seeing as they hadn't moved yet. He watched in helplessness as his only daughter rushed towards the two young adults with a small smile on her face.

He sighed in relief when Hak managed to get out of his mental bind and called Soo-Won's attention to move which was just in time for Yona to move past them in a near-blinding speed.

"Kuri!" She said and the chestnut-colored horse slowed down. She guided it to head back to the two who had (really) snapped out of their reverie. A grin was on her face.

"So, how fast was I?" She asked in an innocent yet cheeky tone.

He didn't catch what Hak said but she clearly heard it since her face lit up. "You're an idiot princess." Was what he said next and this time he could hear it. Soo-Won laughed sheepishly from the side as the horse he was currently riding approached them.

"I never knew you could ride, Yona! That was pretty fast!" The blond commented happily.

"Yup." She replied.

Unknown to him, Hak's words were:

"You were swift...like the wind.."