10. The First Proper Conversation

Manik frowned as she let out a sigh, her grip tightening on the railing she was holding.

Nandini: Does it matter? It doesn't.

He stood silent while she kept staring at his face. Peace, was the only thing she craved for and she knew he was the only one who could give that to her.

Truth to be told, he was the most handsome man she had ever seen. Even more than her Appa. If he would have met her some years ago then she must have proposed him for friendship, if not for marriage.

No words were exchanged as they kept staring in each other's eyes. Manik was trying to find something in her eyes while Nandini, she was a mastermind in hiding her emotions. She looked into his eyes and could only see innocence, truth, honesty, care and something different, a different emotion which she couldn't understand anymore.

Breaking the eyelock, she sighed again and maintained her stern expressions or atleast she tried to.

Nandini: What are you doing here, in my room? As far as I know, I give my enough time to you people to discuss doubts regarding our deal. So what made you come here, in my personal space that too without my permission, Mr.Malhotra?

Her voice was so blank, that for a moment Manik didn't even know what to reply. He grew nervous. As his usual habit, he licked his dry lips before looking at her but still couldn't maintain the confidence he always carry.

Manik: Actually- I was passing by from the corridor and saw the lights on so thought to check.

Nandini: Checked?

Manik: Huh?

Nandini: I am asking if you are done checking, please leave my room.

Manik: Ar-Are you asking me to get out from your room?

Nandini: Yes, I am. Now will you?

Manik: Excuse me. You cannot be rude with me for no reason. I just thought to give you company-

Nandini: I don't need your company, Mr.Malhotra.

She interuppted in between and the way she addressed him irked him. Forgetting that he was supposed to be angry at her for asking him to get out, he gave her a childish look.

Manik: Why do you have to call me Mr.Malhotra? I have such a nice and classy name. Manik, call me Manik. Not Mr.Malhotra.

Nandini: Mr.Malhotra, go from here.

Manik, though annoyed but still smirked at her making her frown.

Manik: O-okay Miss.Murty

Nandini: I am Not a Murty!

Manik: Are you sure you are not, babe?

He said the last word carefully, looking at her expressions to see how she reacts and was surprised when she looked at him wide eyed before her whole face went red due to anger.

Nandini: How dare you!? How dare you call me that!? Do you even know who I am?

Manik: I do know who you are but I guess you don't know who I am.

Nandini: Get lost!

Manik: Okay fine. I am going. But please why do you have to get so angry? Don't you know anger isn't good for health?

His voice was soft and she knew he genuinely said this time but then, she couldn't let him in. No, that would be wrong.

However, she didn't get angry this time. She just stood still hearing him while he smiled softly.

Manik: Okay, Miss.NM, Will you be my friend?

Hearing this, her body stiffened. Manik noticed the change in her posture and before he could say something, she burst out on him.