Chapter 9

Taylor started at the picture in shock. This was most likely his and Anna's baby. The picture was dated a few days old. On the bottom it also had Anna's name with the trimester on the side. It said 2 trimester, meaning she was already a good amount into the pregnancy. Why hadn't she told him any of this? They were going to have a baby together.

"Hey, I'm ready." Anna said as she walked down the hall, over to Taylor. Anna spotted the sonogram in Taylor's hand, a gasp escaping from her mouth. "How did you find that?"

Taylor looked up at Anna, a small smile falling on his lips. "Why didn't you show me this?"

"I.. I just wanted to wait a few more weeks." She responded quickly to him. She had almost gotten away with hiding this pregnancy until finding out who the father was, but that was over with.

"Babe, do you realize how exciting this is?" Taylor's smile brightened, as his eyes scanned the sonogram again. "We're going to have a baby together!" Taylor wrapped his arms around Anna's waist, hugging her tightly.

Anna smiled at the excitement in his voice, with her heart still breaking on the inside. She really messed this up, and she kept realizing it more and more each day. She hugged him back, thankful he didn't get upset that she hid the pregnancy.

Taylor pulled away from the hug, bringing his lips down to hers. He pulled away from the kiss, looking back down at the sonogram then at her. "I want to go to your next appointment."

-----

Anna and Taylor sat in the waiting room, as Taylor continued to talk about the baby and hoping to find out the gender today. Anna really wished she could have come alone today, but she didn't have the heart to deny him to come to the appointment.

"Ms. Bailey?" The assistant called from the door.

Taylor stood up at the sound of her name, reaching his hand out for Anna's. Anna took his hand, standing up and walking towards the assistant. The assistant moved aside, holding the door for them to walk in. They walked towards the room, where Anna stepped inside and sat onto the bed.

"Dr. Greene will be with you just shortly." The assistant stated, as she put the file onto the table nearby. She smiled at them, before walking out and closing the door behind them.

Taylor looked up at Anna, smiling at her. "So, are you going to find out the gender of the baby today?"

"Do you want to find out the gender?"

"I do if you want to."

Anna shook her head. "I think we can just keep it a surprise until the baby comes. We can get everything neutral."

Taylor nodded, "That's fine with me. Then when we have our second baby, they can use the same as their older sibling."

Anna smiled at Taylor. He had such dreams for their future and she wished that his dreams would come true. She really wanted this baby to be Taylor's. The sound of the door turned Anna's attention towards the doctor who had just walked in.

"Good morning, Ms. Bailey... Mr?" The doctor asked, noticing Taylor standing next to Anna.

"Launter." Taylor responded.

The doctor nodded, "Mr. Launter. So how are you feeling, Annamika?"

"I'm pretty good, I don't have much sickness now that I'm into the second trimester."

"That's very good, it doesn't usually stay long, or happen at all, to some women."

The doctor ran some tests, before instructing Anna to lie down and pulling her shirt slightly up, to reveal her growing stomach. The doctor squirted some gel onto her stomach. He took the instrument, placing it against her abdomen. The doctor rubbed the instrument around, staring at the screen.

"There's the baby." The doctor said, pointing to the baby on the screen.

"Wow, it's so big." Taylor said, staring at the screen in front of him.

"It's yet to get bigger than this." The doctor said, turning to face the two parents. "So, would you both like to find out the gender?"

"No doctor, we decided we will just wait until the baby arrives." Anna spoke up, looking at Taylor, who nodded at her with a smile.

The doctor nodded, "But of course you'll want a picture."

"Oh, yes. Please doctor."

"Could you print two of them?" Taylor asked.

"Sure, it's no problem. I'll have the secretary give them to you." The doctor said, standing up and grabbing tissues for Anna. "Also, there's an envelope for you, Ms. Bailey at the desk."

Anna took the tissues from the doctor, nodding, "Thank you." She began to clean off the gel on her stomach. She finished up, standing up with the help of Taylor.

They both walked out the room when they were done and heading out to the waiting room.

"Let me just get the pictures and envelope, alright?" Anna told Taylor, who nodded at her. Anna headed over to the secretary, who planned her next appointment for her.

"And these are for you." The secretary told her, handing over the sonograms, along with the envelope.

Anna took them from her hand, looking down at the envelope.

----

Anna sat on her bed, staring down at the envelope in her hands. This paper held the results of her baby's father. She feared the most thing in her life. Could she really bare to find out that the baby is possibly her boss's and tell Taylor the truth?

Maybe she should just tell Taylor the truth and he could understand her. They both made mistakes in their relationship and they both needed to work it out. Shaking her head, she opened her drawer and placed the envelope inside. She just wasn't ready to find out.