"Now all I need to do is raid this place with comics," Clutching my dads jacket I happily jump towards the door and out the hallway, humming to a song I heard on the radio a few days ago but couldn't quite get google to understand the humming.

As I walk down the hallway I cant help but notice the stares I was getting, everyone sympathetically looking at the poor mutant who decided it was alright to walk down a hallway alone without any help. How pitiful. I knew I wasn't hallucinating it or exaggerating it, everyone stopped to look at me, to look at my prosthesis that was bare because I was wearing knee length pants. I start to quickly walk towards the elevator, wanting to flee from everyone's sympathetic stares; and after seven years of ignoring and not caring, after seven years of no tears today I felt an unknown saltiness slide down to my lips. I had not worn pants in a long time and today was my first time and probably my last time too. I preferred hiding the burden of my survival than letting it be seen, because I thought after seven years people will look at me differently.

I pull my dads jacket closer to myself, as if it would shield me from the stares, his strong cologne soothed me, made me feel like he was there engulfing me in his large arms. I pull it tighter to myself smelling more of him.

I stop when I feel my legs wobbling, my confidence shattering and my walk getting funnier. I look down at my red converses, then I run, I didn't care how funny I looked when I ran because all I wanted to do was get away from people and their stares that seemed to drag me in a dark pit. Maybe they weren't staring at me, maybe I was caring more than I should.

The elevators door dings open and I slowly step inside hoping no one was going to be in there, but to my disappointment a tall guy leaned on the wall, whistling as he stared up at the ceiling. I look down at the glass tiles my reflection looking up at me. My hair fell over my face, shielding it from the stranger who was now silently looking at me and no longer whistling.
"Ground?" I nod my head.
Why didn't I just stay inside?
Was getting comics that important?
A snort unexpectedly escapes my lips which happens when I am holding back my tears, but not often, today my body decided to embarrass me in front of this stranger.  I quickly look towards the strangers reflection wanting to make sure he didn't hear that, but judging by the smirk he had on his face, it looks like he did.

"Sorry," I mumble and place my hair closer to my face. Now I really wanted to cry.

"Its okay..." he walks to stand beside me, "It was cute," A very small smile makes its way to my lips and I raise my head to look up at him, the first question that pops in my mind when my head seemed to infinitely lean all the way back, was why the heck was he so tall!

"You live here?" He nods and points towards number four on the elevator.

"Floor four, and you are from floor three?" I nod. He didn't have a strong British accent like Hooded Berry Allen from the Coffee Bar neither did he have hoodie, instead he showed his face unlike Hooded Berry Allen from the Coffee Bar.

"Whats your name?"

"Hales Adams."

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he winks and I politely smile back. His jawline wasn't as sharp as Hooded Berry Allen.

"Logan Drew."

"Nice to meet you Logan." His eyes weren't blue like Hooded Berry Allen, they were brown. The elevator door dings open and I quickly shuffle out, waving  goodbye at Logan. He told me his name, unlike Hooded Berry Allen and he looked healthy.