"You guys are seriously contemplating who is going to have the coolest death?" I shook my head at them, "It's obviously gonna be me."

That triggered the madness all over again. We shouted over each other, who would do it, how will it happen and who would fail.

"Alright! Alright! Enough!" Ryder shouted over us and checked her watch, "I have better things to do that argue at 1:30 in the morning, go home kids."

We didn't realise watch time it was so we agreed immediately and went home.

Raven and I went up to my room while Noah went to his.

"It's going to be hard." I started off.

"What is?" She asked.

"Keeping this a secret from all of them..we have a month, Raven."

"Wait what's the date today?"

"Actually, since it's the morning now, the 1st of December." I checked my phone.

"We have until New Year.."

"Dammit! Why does the universe hate us." I screamed in frustration.

"Calm down. I mean we could always ask Theo to FaceTime us when he is with them."

"But it's not gonna be the same, and you know that." I face planted into my bed.

"You know what? We shouldn't be thinking about all this negative energy," She plopped herself down next to me, "Look how close it is to Christmas! Anyway, let's just get a few hours of sleep before school starts."

"You're right." I yawned, already half asleep.

***

The next morning, I woke up to the smell of my brother cooking up his famous waffles.

I yawned and started to get ready in a NASA sweater and ripped jeans. I went downstairs to see my best friend and my brother throwing flour at each other.

"I know it's December and it hasn't started snowing yet, but is this really the way to do it?" I leaned against the door smiling at them.

"It's a good try, maybe you should decide for us?" They both lifted their arms up with flour.

"I'm good." I ducked to the wall of the island just as the cloud of white appeared above me.

"What the hell? Where did she go?" Raven exclaimed.

"Are you sure this is normal flour? Because that is some messed up voodoo shit." I heard Noah rustle the flour bag.

I quickly took a waffle from the table and crawled out of the room, dodging the powder on the floor.

I got my bag and my keys and headed to school, leaving Raven and Noah thinking that I'm some part of magician group.

***

"Hey Cupcake." I slammed my locker shut to see Ace smirking at me.