32: So Damn Extra

Chapter 32: So Damn Extra

Ace*

"Even when you were making out with Hayley?"

My smile dropped when she said that.

"No, wait, let me exp-"

She didn't give me one look but only said one thing when she turned away and left the gymnasium, "Dickhead."

'Ooh's echoed around and an even louder one from Mr. Darfish or whatever his name is.

I shot them one look and stormed out of the room. I walked straight ahead to the boys locker room, ignoring Hayley's pitchy calls.

I never liked her anyway, I have no idea why I even kissed her in the first place.

I removed Hayley off me as soon as I heard the footsteps leaving but I wasn't sure if it was the person I wanted it to be.

It's just with not having my cupcake with me, then she decides to sit next to Lucas and talks to Jason and Jacob. All I get is a nod and a stare.

I knew I made a big mistake telling her to leave.

What was I thinking? Jayden would've known what to do. I miss her.

"Ace! Acey poo!" Hayley ran after to me.

"It's just Ace, what do you want?" I carried on walking.

"I wondering if you wanted to try that lunch thing again, I think I forgot what it felt like, Care to remind me?" She was having trouble keeping up with my long strides.

We stopped beside the boys locker room door and I snapped, "No I don't care, Hayley, and I think it's best that you forgot it because it sure as hell isn't happening again."

I entered to changing room and left her standing there.

I went up to my locker and entered the combination.

"Hey, man," Jason and Jacob came up to stand next to me, "You good?"

"What did she ask earlier as Chippy's?" I didn't bother to greet them back.

"Who?" Jacob asked.

"There was only one girl who took us outside, Jacob." Jason sighed.

"Ohhh, right..."

"That's why I'm the smarter twin."

"No I am."

"What's 12 x 12?"

"Umm 1212?"

"Guys! Focus on the question please?" I stopped the conversation which was most dhhefinitely heading south.

"Right, she asked us why we got you to follow us."

"Yeah, why did Lucas have to tell her about 'earning' it?"

Lucas is getting on my last nerves.

I took a deep breath, "What did you tell her?"

"Nothing, we literally just ran away."

"Dude, you haven't told her about Jayden?"

"I just..can't, retelling someone is like reliving the whole thing and do you think I would want to go through all that?" I got my towel and wipes the sweat off my forehead.

"For her, yes." They spoke at the same time.

Would I?

Would I tell her everything?

Would I open up still healing wounds?

Would I risk reliving my nightmare that came true all over again?