Seventeen! Stay With Me

" And deep down I know this never works
But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt.."

- Sam Smith

| Dre |

    It was Friday morning, and still no sign of Mehki. We had been running on nothing but fumes for the past 24 hours searching for where he and Brandon could possibly be laying their heads, and continued to come up empty handed.

If there was one thing I hated, it was having nothing to show for my hard work.

My moms and my aunt had been prepping the girls on the future outcomes, what could and and possibly would happen in the event that this war turned bloody.

Trish tried hard to fight her emotions after that talk, but I could tell she was on edge.

Being from " the hood " and actually having to defend someone's reputation and territory were two very different things, and the idea of having to take somebody's life to save another was setting itself in to her mind. This was some real shit, and she had to be able to handle it. I knew my baby was pretty scared.

I was in my office on Monument parkway, watching the traffic and scrolling on my phone, waiting for something, anything to give us even a little bit of a lead. At that exact moment, my waiting seemed to pay off.

"Ayy Dre, we got a hit." Victory came into my office yelling and motioning for me to follow him. I stood up from my desk and continued scrolling my phone as emails from different departments in Buffalo gave me reports of how business was. I followed V down the hallway and up to the third floor where the telecommunications room was situated. There sat my mom, Dom, Trish and Victory waiting for my arrival. I took a seat on one of the spinny chairs next to Tee and kissed her cheek when my spin finally landed near her.

"Alright, wassup." I spoke casually ready to see what  was up.

"How you gone come in here kissing folks and leave me out?" Dom spoke already trying to get some attention.

I sighed and stood up, walking towards him like I was about to come kiss him and leaned down. I punched him in the side of the head just as he started smiling.

"What the fuck bro?" he yelled shocked at my actions. I shook my head at him and returned to my seat.

"That was very mean." Trish smirked at me as I pulled her towards my lap from her own chair.

"That's why I did it." I whispered into her ear seductively before kissing her temple causing her to smile. I smiled to and then directed my attention to Victory.

"Wassup bruh, what we in here doing, and I hope you got some good news fa me." I said getting down to business.

He sighed then took off his hat, and brushed his dreads out of his face before he began.

"We got another problem yall." he spoke as he turned on the computer monitor next to him.

It was the Fox 5 online new station and the headline at the bottom had 'breaking news' next to it.

He clicked the enter button and the news report started.

"I'm Natasha Fields and we're here on the 1200 block of Peachtree where it seems some sort of gun battle flooded the neighborhoods streets last night. Witness reports claim it seemed to be two groups of multiracial men shooting at each other and not an individual target. Atlanta City PD claim three of the men were transported to Grady Memorial Hospital upon arrival and two of such have died. The third man believed to be involved is in critical condition..." He paused it there.