Nineteen! An Heir

"The heir to the throne. South nigga bred to the bone." - J. Cole

| Dre |

"Get in bed. You need rest, and I'll go get you some groceries cause that fast food is going in the garbage. Send me a list of what you need and I'll be right back okay?" I said getting up from the edge of the bed after taking Trish's clothes off.

"Yes Dre." She laughed sitting up and grabbing her phone from her nightstand.

I smiled at my baby. Babies! All this war and death had me not thinking about what could be going on with my future. I had more than just my girl and my mama to look out for now. And as much as I didn't want to kill my dad, I would if he still didn't want to come to terms in the next month.

"Babe..." Trish called as I was in my thoughts just standing in front of the bed.

"Wassup baby mama" I smiled knowing she was not going to like that title. She groaned and looked at me with a mug. I had to laugh at that. She really is my baby mama so I don't understand what she mad for. I'm about to change her contact name to that right now.

"Don't call me that hoe." She laughed and I smirked before climbing up beside her.

She pulled the cover up and turned towards me before speaking.

"Summer is ending, and before all this, now would've been the time I would've started looking for a job. I got my degree 3 months ago and haven't done anything besides work at the firm a little each week. With the baby coming, I know I need to take it slow, but I can't put the future on hold. I gotta do more than stay hidden away once this war stuff blow over . I'll be able to have a normal life right?"

I sighed.

I loved her independence, but I always wanted to come home to my woman. Not come home and she still at work all night.

"Yeah yeah hol' lat noise. I feel you. I want you to do whatever you set ya heart at. But don't forget, Dom just gave y'all a restaurant to control. I'm sure Jay don't wanna handle all lat by herself ya feel me. Just take it easy. My baby don't need no extra stress.." I said rubbing her stomach.

She smiled and nodded.

"I set up a real appointment for next tuesday. Jayla and your mom's want to come..."

"Stop right there. No extra stress. You don't need all them people for the first appointment. Me and Jayla, that's it." I said.

"I know that hoe. I told them I gotta see what you say."

"Call me another hoe. I wasn't a hoe when you was on dis dis-ny-e."

She punched my arm and laughed.

"Please shut up lil scrappy. I hate his music videos where he actually has to talk." She said laying back against the headboard.

"You know that's my nigga, I gotta imitate em every time I see em" I laughed.

I got up, grabbed my phone and headed down the steps just as my brother was walking in.

"Why every time I'm at my house, you at my house?" I asked playing with him but still honestly seeking an answer

He hugged Jayla, walked past me and headed up the stairs.

"Shut the fuck uppppppppp."  He sang

I ran up behind him and he took off faster up the stairs.

"Quit all that damn yelling, my babies up there." I said as we reached the top and I tackled him to the ground .

I slapped his forehead repeatedly and he was scrambling around trying to free himself from my hold.