Part 11: She,Who Will Always Return To Him

"Stop" Waseem shouted, making Zoya turn to face him "Its Adi, he's been in a car accident"

Zoya stepped down from the alter. "Where is he" she could feel Rajveer's gaze on her, but she couldn't turn back, she wouldnt. Nothing could ever come close to the immense pain you felt when you knew you could lose someone.

"He's still by the bridge" Waseem reached out his hand but Zoya shrugged it off

"No Abbu, he needs me, I have always done as you have asked, I cannot live in a world where he is not in it" she ran out of the room, then out of the house, tears rolling down her face as she ran up the street, her red dress ripping as it hit the ground

She couldnt lose him. She just couldnt. Adi was her everything. Zoya paused as she saw all the ambulances. A body on the floor, a white sheet covering it. Zoya raised her hand, covering her mouth. She was to late, to late to see him, to save him and to apologise

Nothing mattered as Zoya pushed past the people, falling to her knees. "Adi" she whispered, about to pull off the sheet when she heard a laugh from behind her

"Honestly im okay, just a bump"

She turned ever so slowly to see Adi sat on a stretcher, a bandage around his head. She stood up, walking towards him, his smile dropped.

"Zoya, you look" he stopped himself, now wasnt the time to compliment her on her beauty, she wasnt his anymore. He swallowed thickly "Where is Rajveer"

Zoya raised her hand, running it across his cheek, her voice cracking as she spoke "Kamzarf insaan, you promised me you would never end up in hospital again"

"Hey, thats why im telling them not to take me, I keep my promises, just like you should, go back to your husband" Adi's voice was bitter, but he couldnt look her in the eye or he knew he would beg her to stay again

Zoya's chest rose, her breathing heavy "I have gone back to my husband"

"Oh, yeah, how was the wedding then, why are you here Zoya, you're someone else's wife"

Zoya scowled at him "Hows your head" she was past being in the mood for him to be stubborn right now, but it was then, she realised that his anger was more precious than Rajveer's love

"Its fine" he rolled his eyes "Not that you care" he jumped from the stretcher, standing up before her. "Please just go Zoya, I cant do this right now, I dont think I ever will be able to see you again, not when I know" he closed his eyes, taking a breath "Not when I know you're not mine anymore"

"I didnt get married, I left to see you" she reached out, grabbing his hand in hers

He laughed "Thanks, you can see im fine now, you can go and get married" Adi pulled his hand back

She grabbed his hand again "I would love to, do you still have my wedding chain"

He glared down at her "You want to use the same one from our wedding, does he not have any money, what do you want me to do buy your sindoor to"

Zoya nodded "Please" she looked down, trying to hide the smile on her face

Adi pulled her from the crowd to a market stall he payed for a pot of sindoor, then put it in her hand "There, happy now, or is there anything else your to be husband can't afford, I warned you he wasnt good enough for you, if he can't even afford this then how do you expect him to care for you as the years go on"

Zoya smiled again "No, theres nothing he cant afford, he is more than good enough for me, and I know he would always make sure I never had a reason to complain"

"I dont know why youre doing this Zoya, but rubbing it in my face is cruel, have some kindness in your heart" Adi's eyes filled with tears "I thought that maybe you loved me to, maybe I was wrong, you had no idea how much I wanted to stop the marriage, but I didnt because I love you, yet this is how you repay me, god I even called your father, begging him to stop this wedding, I assume thats why the paramedics called him, you know, I would rather be dead then see you marry someone else"

Zoya gasped "Dont say things like that" she grabbed his hand, pulling him up the road, but he yanked his hand back

"I am not watching you get married, I could have given you everything you wanted, even more than that"

"Close your eyes then" she shouted "l know, I know you could"

Adi's eyes softened "Then marry me Zoya, again, please, I know I messed up, but no one will ever love you like I do, I know I left it to late, but late is better than never and I know it wont be easy, but I will be by your side the whole time, please Zoya, I really do love you"

Zoya held out her hand "The mangalsultra"

He grimaced as he put it in her hand, he watched as she began to walk away then stopped, turning around to face him

"Im sorry, I was under the impression that we were going to get married, are you not coming now"

"What, you want to marry me, so you're saying all of that just then was a joke"

Zoya smiled "Maybe"

Adi narrowed his eyes, crossing his arms "Well maybe I dont want to marry you now"

"Thats fine, ill just marry Rajveer then" Zoya shrugged, letting out a laugh when she was pulled forward by Adi

"No one and I mean no one drives me as crazy as you do, now lets go before your father and Rajveer come to beat me up, im already injured enough" he pouted

"Aw, poor baby" Zoya squeezed his cheek before walking beside him up the road to the temple

XXX

Adi lifted Zoya in his arms, spinning her around "Welcome back to being my wife"

"Aditya" a voice shouted from behind them, making them both turn to see Rajveer

"If I cannot have Zoya, then no one can" he hissed

Oh dear, tut tut Rajveer! How will they get out of this one? Im thinking maybe Superman Siddiqui, what about you guys?

Apologies for the late updates! Ive been sooo busy, but I hope youre all well and everything is updated:)