8; He, Who Walks Away

Adi gripped the skirt to his chest tightly, falling to his knees. "It was you all along, the woman I loved was before me the whole time and I never noticed" he shook his head "God, what ive put you through"
It was a painful revelation, though he wondered why she had never told him, if only she had said, but he knew there had to have been a reason, was it because she was worried about how he would react.

Today everything would change, that was a promise. But first, he needed to speak to Arjun, he needed the whole truth.

XXX

Zoya looked up to see Adi enter the room, her cheeks blushed red with the memory of last night. "When I woke up, you weren't here, did you have something to do at the office"

"Yeah, something like that, stand up a second, I need to talk to you"

Zoya stood up slowly "Have I done something wrong"

Adi reached for the envelope behind his back and held it out to her "It states that I give up all my rights on the deal with your father, its all his"

Zoya's jaw dropped "But Adi why, has something happened, you'll lose to much money, do you need me to speak to him because I can"

Adi shook his head "The deal was only really made so I would marry you, and that isnt what marriage is about"

Zoya looked up tearily "You're breaking up with me, is there someone else"

Adi looked away, it was always her, he just never realised, he looked back over at her "I just need time to think Zoya, you're trapped in a loveless marriage and that hasn't been fair, and even if I could love you, because trust me its so easy to, that isnt fair on you, you've waited so long"

"But, I dont want anyone else, I want you" Zoya stepped forward "Unless you're leaving this marriage because its what you want, dont make the decision for me"

Adi sighed heavily "Ive made my decision Zoya, there are also divorce papers inside, sign them when you're ready"

Zoya looked down, ripping the envelope to the floor, she dropped the papers to the floor "You never loved me did you, in fact, I was stupid to keep thinking one day you would" she swiped away her tears "Do you have a pen"

Adi handed her one, glancing down as she signed it, then handed it back to him "In all honesty Adi, I have never felt so used, especially after last night, was it all a game to you, or something, was it because I was hard to get, you know what, none of it matters, ill go and pack my stuff"

Adi waited for her to pass, then glanced down at the paper, now he was finally making up for his mistakes.

"You already packed bags for me" Zoya shouted

"No, I packed my own" he turned around "Im not going to kick you out Zoya, all of this is in your name"

Zoya wanted to be angry, but the little niggling feeling in her stomach told her something wasn't right "Where will you go"

Adi shrugged "Somewhere far away"

"Tell me honestly why you're doing this"

"Because Zoya, I have a lot of self reflecting to do"

"Then take a break, why just end it, what made you suddenly decide to up and leave and sign all this over to me and my family"

Adi smiled "Well, one day you'll understand Zoya" he ran the back of his hand across her cheek then picked up the photo on the desk "Mind if I take this"

Zoya shook her head as he put it in his bag, zipping it up. "Well then, I guess this is goodbye"

Zoya bit into her cheek, willing herself not to cry "Im sorry I tried to force you into a relationship you weren't happy with"

"Im sorry for the same Zoya" he pressed his lips to her cheek, then turned, pulling open the door

Zoya stood at the door as she watched him get in the car, unable to stop the tears that rolled down her face

Adi threw his head back "When I know im capable of loving you the way you deserve, then ill be back Zoya" he muttered under his breath, he turned to face her again "Take care Zoya"

Zoya waited for him to leave, before slamming the door, falling against it she slid down it, sobbing loudly.

XXX

Zoya looked up at Waseem, he cleared his throat before sitting opposite her, holding her hand "I know this must be hard Zoya, I dont know why he left, but maybe this is a sign that you just arent right for eachother"

"But it felt right Abbu, it felt more than right, everything with him was so easy, but I shouldnt have hid anything from him or made him feel guilty for not loving me, that was my fault, I knew what I was walking into but I did it anyway, you can't force your love on someone and I should have known that, I just miss him Abbu, I feel so empty, so incomplete without him by my side"

Waseem nodded "I know Zoya, I know that this can't be easy at all, but now more than ever you have to be strong, try and start afresh, the world is magic, you never know what's around the corner, and maybe one day, you'll find someone who loves you like you love Adi, but for now consider what I said, Rajveer is a good guy"

Zoya shook her head "I can't, I can't marry anyone else, Rajveer is just my friend and how would that look if I moved on that quickly"

"Maybe you should stop hurting yourself to protect him, you sacrificed a lot Zoya, im not saying he didnt, but you do deserve to be happy, so think about it please"

Zoya clenched her jaw, looking away she pulled her knees to her chest, resting her cheek atop her legs, she allowed herself to just remember Adi, just for a little while

All other AdYa stories have been updated and Love As Red As Blood season 2 is now up:)