4: He, The One Who Wants Me When It Is To Late

Zoya sat on the hotel bed watching the news. It had been one week without any contact and she still hadnt managed to leave her hotel room. She never expected to ever hurt as much as she did in the moments she saw the man she loved on the news, looking perfect while she was alone trying not to break down again.

She huffed loudly as she saw Arjun's name light up her phone, she really had no interest in speaking to him when she knew he would want to see her to talk about Adi. Maybe it was important? She pulled a face before picking up.

"Hello, Zoya, listen to me, you really need to come home, you know my brother can be stupid sometimes, but he really misses you, he's so grumpy, he isnt sleeping or eating and I know you may be angry at him, but please"

"Is he at the office" Zoya asked, picking at the button on his shirt that she still hadn't taken off

"He is, thank you Zoya, I owe you" then he cut off

XXX

Adi looked up as he heard a knock on the door "Go away, I dont want to talk" he shouted, he had chosen to shroud himself in darkness so he could cry without being seen. It was his mistake, so he had no right to be upsett but he was, his heart ached with the need to have her close again

Zoya frowned, but pushed the door open anyway only to be stood in a dark office. She closed the door quietly "Are you sleeping" she whispered

Adi jumped up quickly, slamming his hand on the light "Zoya" he breathed, straightening his clothes and running his hand over his face

Zoya smiled noting how he tried to better his appearance, he really didnt need to, she found him attractive no matter how he looked "Hey, I guess I came to"

"You havent been sleeping" he interrupted, running his thumb under her eye "Why haven't you been sleeping"

His words were enough to break her resolve to be strong and she wrapped her arms around his waist, burying her face into his chest "Ive missed you silly, you know I can't sleep without you"

Adi froze, she had missed him to! That meant he had a chance to get her back "I havent been able to sleep either, I think everyone at work hates me now"

"They hated you from the start, you're always grumpy with them" she replied making him role his eyes as she pulled back, offering him a mischevious smirk "Daywar ji called me, said you are moody, not eating and not sleeping" she listed on her fingers

"I want to deny that, but its pointless, you see right through me, you always have" he brushed her hair behind her ears as he spoke

"Is it because you met the woman and it didnt go well"

He shook his head "No, its because I met the woman and it went really well"

Zoya pulled away uncomfortably and looked away, he turned her face back around, tipping her chin up "But all I could focus on was the fact she wasn't you, I know its not fair to ask for you to come home after what I did, and I know I have a lot of making up to do, but please Zoya, come home, I feel like im going crazy without you"

Zoya smiled "But you cant love me, as much as ive missed you to, as much as I want to come home, I cant keep loving you if ill never get anything in return, because one day, you're going to break my heart and im going to love you" she reached her hand into her bag and handed him an envelope "Take care of my heart, im not taking it with me"

Adi looked on shocked as she walked out of the door, he ripped open the envelope only to fall against the table after. Divorce papers, she wanted a divorce? No, no she couldn't have a divorce, that wasnt okay, then she could marry someone else and he would not let that happen. Without even realising, he was running after her.

Zoya looked down at Adi's fingers around her wrist. His eyes were dark red, his jaw clenched. "I am not signing these divorce papers Zoya"

"You cannot trap me in a loveless marriage Adi, what is wrong with you, get off of me"

"We can work it out, Zoya"

"What? Youre going to try and make yourself love me, if you dont love me now, you never will Adi, I deserve love, whats the point of keeping this marriage"

Adi needed her to stay, he couldnt live without her, so he would use the one thing against her he knew would work "Our marriage is based around a business contract, if you divorce me I will pull out of the deal with your father"

Zoya scowled, her eyes teary "You wouldnt" she shook her head "You wouldnt do that to me"

"Watch me" he replied

Zoya snatched her hand back, rubbing at her wrist "I hate you Aditya Hooda, I hate you" she screamed before running out

Adi closed his eyes painfully "Im sorry Zoya, I just cant lose you"

XXX

Zoya sat in the living room of the house she had once called home. Not once did she ever consider Adi reacting like this, he was always kind, always respected her, he never blackmailed her until today. She laughed sadly, to think that once upon a time she thought he would love her. She looked up as she heard the door being unlocked

"So, you came home then" he muttered

"Did I have a choice, I couldnt let my abbu's business fall, unlike you im not that cold hearted, so what do you want from me"

Adi looked up "I dont want anything from you Zoya, i just want you to stay and be my wife"

"Well that's what im doing" she shrugged

"No, I mean, be my wife in all senses of the word" he slid an envelope across the table "I made amendments to our personal contract, read it and let me know what you think"

Zoya eyed it suspiciously before walking away with it!

Oooh new additions to the contract! Any thoughts what could be in it?