Chapter 11

They're eating dinner on the balcony of their hotel in Barcelona. They've been in the city for three days, and Zayn loves hearing Harry talk about it, how much he loves being here. How it fits his personality, how it's his favorite place on Earth, and Zayn smiles back, acknowledging in all the right places, sipping wine in absolute ease.

Harry shoves a fork full of spaghetti in his mouth, chewing it slowly, as Zayn watches the curve of his lips at the delicious taste and twitching of his jaw. The luxury of his eyes as he glances about and the chestnut curls that blow slightly in the mild wind.

"Did you know?" Harry starts randomly, still in midst of his meal. "In 2010 barcelona was the 48th most populated city in the world."

"Really?" Zayn says, more out of amusement than interest. It's funny how smitten he seems to be over a simple city, so much that he's begun spurring random facts he's found from god knows where.

"Yeah! Can you believe that?" Harry says excitedly, and Zayn throws his head back in a laugh. "And 268,000 foreigners currently live in Barcelona."

"Maybe we'll be part of that 268,000 someday," Zayn articulates thoughtfully, reaching his idle hand across the table towards Harry's.

"Mhhm, that'd be amazing."

He strokes his thumb back and forth across Harry's palm, making him double up at the tickling sensation. "And, did you know, it attracts over one million visitors each year. And 10% of the city is covered by parks. And Montjuiv park in Barcelona is the largest in Spain. And-"

"Okay, okay I get it you like the city. A LOT. Jeez," Zayn chuckles, silently loving the way Harry's so enthusiastic. It's adorable really. And Harry throws a vegetable at him, flushing bright red at being caught in an act so embarrassing and mindless. "Sorry, I just love being here with you."

"As do I," Zayn smiles, squeezing Harry's hand reassuringly.

Letting his boyfriend's hand go, when he heard the balcony door open. Zayn looked over his shoulder at a fuming and glaring Louis Tomlinson. Rolling his eyes, Zayn turned back to focus on his almost gone food. He heard Louis saying something about Harry leaving, and rolling his eyes at his dramatic best friend. He heard Harry getting up, and looked up at his boyfriend smiling softly. As Harry left he lightly brushed his fingers over Zayns arm, and glared at Louis as he made his way out.

Zayn rested his head on his hand and stared back out at the Barcelona city. He can hear Louis moving around in the room and he didn't bother really to turn and greet him, noticing the grumbling he's doing Zayn can tell he's mad and he doesn't want to be in the storm of that....too bad he's actually the reason why he's grumbling.

"So are you just going to keep trying to hide the fact that you are messing with my younger brother or no?"

Zayn rolled his eyes, "Don't know what you're talking about Lou?" Zayn picked up his glass of wine and drunk the rest of it then Louis stood in front of him with his arms crossed over his chest, eyes narrowed, and nostrils flared.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about?" Zayn shook his head then Louis took a step towards him and bent down, his hands gripping the arms of the chairs, "Zayn this isn't a fucking game. I told you before that I don't want you messing with Harry and now I'm telling you again. I don't want you touching, flirting, kissing, or even your dick anywhere near Harry or I swear I will destroy you."

Zayn raised his eyebrows, "Louis you need to calm down. Harry is 18 years old and is capable of dating whoever he wants or messing with whoever he wants, I don't understand why you're having such a bitch fit about it. Plus we aren't even doing anything, we're just good friends."

"The only reason why I'm acting like this because I know you Zayn. I've seen you run through guys and women throughout the tours we've been on and I won't let you do that to Harry. You don't care about other people's feelings all you do is care about your wants, needs, and yourself." Zayn didn't have anything to say to that and Louis took a step back, "I'm suppose to look after Harry and take care of him and if that means me having to remind you every time I see you two just so as hug then so be it." With that Louis left, slamming the hotel door behind himself.

Zayn sunk down in the seat and ran a hand through his hair before staring back out at the city and watching the cars drive by. Sighing heavily, the slightly angered lad cleaned up his and Harry's paper plates before putting them in the bin. Going back inside of the hotel Zayn went to his suitcase, digging through it 'till he got to his cigarettes. Twirling the short stick around in his fingers, he grabbed his lighter and headed back out to the balcony just needing to relax for a bit.

+

The room is sleek and elegant, but it was also a bit boring if Zayn and Louis were to be honest. The walls were all white, and Zayn could have sworn they were in some insane asylum room. They were at yet another interview, and Zayn was actually really excited. Putting aside what happened earlier in the day with Louis. Harry, Niall, and Liam were all off set watching them. Niall and Liam were of course all cuddled up as normal, and Zayn wondered if they were together yet. Averting his eyes from the couple slash not couple, he looked at his boyfriend with a smile on his face. He hasn't told Harry about what happened earlier, and he wasn't planning on it. He knew that Harry would get extremely pissed at the thought of Louis threatening him, so he just let it go. Harry catches him looking at him, and grins. Smiling back, Zayn winked making sure Louis wasn't looking.

Looking to the interviewer, who looked a bit young for her job title. She had a pixie cut hairstyle, that was dyed a subtle light blue. Zayn thought it was really cool and looked at it with interest, wondering what her natural colour was.

"So guys nice to see you again! I believe the last time you were here was when Zayn got his 'zap' tattoo," The lady who's name was Mireia started once she got the signal that they were being recorded.

"Oh yeah I remember that! Weren't you with that one girl, or was it a guy Zaynie? We all know how much you love to break hearts, yeah?" Louis said with a obvious fake smile on his face, mixed with fake enthusiasm.

Zayn stared at the feather haired lad across from him, with a disbelieving expression on his face. He couldn't believe Louis at he moment. First off he just outed him, second he just basically called him a man whore! Glaring at him, Zayn clenched his fist slightly wanting to give Louis a piece of his mind, but stopped when he saw Harry giving him a reassuring look. Sighing he realized that everyone had their eyes on him, waiting for him to reply. "Ha, good one Lou. We all know I wouldn't break anyone's heart. You little jokester." Zayn said the last part through gritted teeth.

"Oh! So the whole bisexual comment is the only true part then?" The interviewer intruded breaking up whatever little fude that was taking place between the two.

Zayn looked to their press manager that was standing at the side, probably mentally pulling his hair out. Zayn ignored the mouthing for him to just deny it, and play it off as a joke. Instead he confirmed it and sat back crossing his arms over his chest. The rest of the interview went on with little words from Zayn, and a lot of snide comments from Louis. Once it was over, Zayn's face was almost red with anger and all he could do that prevented himself from punching Louis right in the face, was to walk out storming to the van, with the other boys right behind him.