Chapter 5

"Why do people get so mad about puns?! They're literally the nicest kind of humor. They make nobody feel bad. It's just clever, sometimes it's original. Some may not admit it, but ninety-nine percent of the anger people experience after a good pun comes from the fact that they didn't think of it first," Harry said as himself and Zayn laid out on a secluded beach in Capo Sant'Andrea, Elba, Italy. The sand under their bare legs was warm, and a bit odd feeling according to Zayn. Chestnut trees swept right down to the coastline, and if the boys were being honest. This was one of the most beautiful places either of them has ever been to.

"Well maybe they just don't see puns the way you see them Haz," Zayn replied simply, as he enjoyed the sun dancing across his tanned skin. They have been sitting in that exact same spot for the past hour and a half, and he just loved it. No screaming girls, or paparazzi bothering him. Just the soothing sounds of the waves hitting rock, and the amazing sight of Harry's toned torso.

"Do you think puns are funny Ze.." Harry asked looking over to Zayn with flushed cheeks. He just couldn't get use to the fact that Zayn and him were secretly dating. He also couldn't get over the fact that he could call Zayn, babe or any other cute pet name he wanted. Plus, the fact that Zayn could do the same back just made his heart skip a beat.

"I guess they're okay."

"Okay?! They are fucking fantastic Zayn!" Harry said staring at his boyfriend with wide eyes, "I'm gonna have to tell you all of my good puns now," he said shaking his head in dissaproval.

Zayn shook his head amused, and looked over at Harry with raised eyebrows. "Fire away curly," he said finding this side of Harry really adorable and quirky. He watched as Harry relaxed back into the towel he was laying on. Most likely thinking of a really good pun to tell.

"I got it! Why did the guy get fired from the calendar factory," Harry asked grinning like a three year old counting all of his Halloween candy. "Because he took a day off..."

Looking at Harry with a blank expression, Zayn shook his head even more amused. "That was terrible Harry." Layng flat on his back again, Zayn smiled up at the blinding sun as he listened to Harry huff obviously not pleased with his reaction.

"No, your humor just isn't as advanced as mine," Harry mumbled with a pout on his face, "...Fine, how about this one." He said determined to make Zayn laugh. "Why should you never trust an atom?"

Sighing at the fact that Harry didn't give up, like he thought he did. Zayn closed his eyes with that fond smile still evident on his face. "Why Harry?"

"Because they make up everything," Harry said clapping his hands over his mouth, preventing himself from laughing. Peaking up at Zayn, he laughed even louder at the odd look he as giving him. Harry's hands fell from his mouth, and went to hold his sides instead as his laughter erupted from him.

Zayn turned to his side, and smiled adoringly over at Harry. Reaching over he gently pulled the little pony tail from out of Harry hair, causing the younger boys laughter to die and whine as his curls fell on his forehead. Chuckling softly, Zayn sat up and ruffled Harry's hair lightly.

"Hey Haz," Niall bounced excitedly next to him as they walked, and Harry couldn't contain the smile that broke out across his face at the blonde lad's happy expression.

"Hey Nialler," he responded, sitting up as well so he could actually see his friend without the sun blocking his face.

He was so caught up in the warmth emanating from Niall's body that he missed Zayn's glare at the blonde, and another one of the same looks from Liam, and it wasn't until Niall was pulling his arm from where it had been resting on Harry's shoulder that he even was aware of his surroundings. He did, however, feel the slap of Niall's hand as the overly excited lad patted his burn with a firm hand, and he tried not to wince as his skin flamed up even hotter.