Chapter 28

~ Justin's P.O.V ~

Once I was alone again, I walked back over to my couch and put my bottle of beer on the table. I fell back onto my couch and huffed, trying to think everything through.
I'll admit that her dad maybe wasn't such a bad guy once he was away from the horrid monster that he calls his wife. I could easily tell that he cares about Selena, he's just afraid to go against his wife.
Honestly, I have no idea how he managed to stick with her through all of these years. I would have gone mental.

I chewed on my bottom lip as I grabbed my phone off of the table and went down through my contacts until I came to Selena. I blew out a breath, knowing that I would probably be one of the last people that she would want to talk to right now.
I pressed the call button and put the phone against my ear, waiting patiently for her to answer.

"Hello?" She mumbled into the phone after a couple of rings.

"Hey ba-" I stopped myself quickly, "Uh.. It's me."

She was quiet for a couple of seconds before she finally spoke up again.

"Oh." She mumbled, "Uh.. What do you want?"

I sighed at how harsh she sounded but I knew I deserved it after breaking up with her because of her mom.

"I know your mad at me bu-"

"That's a bit of an understatement Justin, don't you think?"

"Yeah probably." I chuckled, "But.. I called because I wanted to know if you could come over here.."

"Aren't you afraid of getting arrested?!" She shrieked in mock horror.

"Ha ha." I replied sarcastically, "I'm serious here; I have to talk to you Selena, please."

She sighed, "Why do you want me to come over there anyways? What more could you possibly have to say to me?"

"I want to sort things out." I mumbled, "Selena, I'm begging you, please just come over here."

She was quiet for a while before sighing.

"Ok." She mumbled, "I'll be there whenever."

I smiled, "See you then."

"Whatever."

Then the line went dead. I put my phone back on the table, smiling like an idiot.

* * * * *

There was a light knock on the door, I shot up from my place on the couch and raced over to the door, pulling it open. Selena stood there wearing my hoodie. My smile only grew bigger as I stared at her.
She raised an eyebrow.

"Wha-" She looked down at herself a stopped herself quickly before mumbling, "Oh."

"Hey." I smiled at her.

She looked up at me and gave me a faint smile as I pushed the door open further for her to come in. She walked in and I shut the door. She looked around the room, her eyes landing on the empty beer bottles; she smirked and glanced at me.

"Good to see that you're taking care of yourself."

I smiled, scratching the back of my head awkwardly, "Yeah..."

She turned to look at me and shoved her hands into the pockets of the hoodie she was wearing, "So.. Talk."

I nodded, "Right.. Well Selena, I uh.. I talked to your dad again-"

"What?" She scoffed in disbelief.

"Just listen." I sighed, "He came over here to apologize for what had happened between you and me and your parents."

"That's what you made me come over here for?" She asked angrily.

"No." I frowned, "I wanted you to come over here because I wanted to apologize for everything."

She stared at me, frowning while chewing on her bottom lip.

"I know I'm stupid. I know that I don't deserve another chance and I know I hurt you." I began, "Selena I don't know what else I can say except I'm sorry that I'm such a gullible idiot but believe me, I regret it."

She looked down at the ground.

"Is that it?" She muttered.

I didn't want her to go. That was the last thing that I wanted to happen. I didn't want to let her go again. So I did what she deserved. I fell to my knees and clasped my hands together.
She raised her head to look at me in shock.

"What are you doing?"

"Begging." I smiled as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Her cheeks turned a bright red.

"I'm an idiot and I know that I'm the last person that you want to see. I know that I don't deserve another chance and I'm sorry for doing what your mom wanted.. Split us up. I'm sorry because I know that I hurt you and believe me that was the last thing I wanted to do, I hurt myself when I broke up with you but after talking with your dad, I quickly realized that I don't care about what your mom thinks.. Or anybody else because you're the one person that makes me happy Selena.. I miss you."

"You're an idiot." She mumbled.

I bit my lip, keeping my eyes on hers, waiting for her to say something else.

"But I love you."

I smiled, pulling her down into my arms. Not waiting for her to say anything else. She squealed as she landed against my chest, sending us both to the floor with her on top of me. This is where I wanted to be. It couldn't have felt more right.
She straddled me, smiling down at me, while I smiled up at her.

"So I'm forgiven?" I asked.

"I suppose." She smiled, leaning down to place a bittersweet kiss on my lips.

I held her there, smiling into the kiss.

I loved this girl. No matter what happens between her and her parents and her wedding, I'm not allowing myself to let her go.

======================
Thanks for reading :)