Chapter 6

Selena's POV:

I groaned, digging my head underneath my pillows as my voice started ringing again.

"It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just wanna live while I'm alive. My heart is like an open highway, like Frankie said 'I did it my way' I just wanna live while I'm alive.. 'Cause it's my life!"

It's My Life by Bon Jovi still managed to find its way into my ears. Got to love the classics, huh?
I sighed and sat up, crawling over towards my phone that was at the end of my bed and picked it up.

Justin.

"God dammit." I hissed under my breath.

I gritted my teeth and answered the phone.

"Yeah?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Selena?!"

"Nah, it's Carrie." I replied sarcastically, hissing out her name like it was sin.

"Jeez, it's about time you answered you're phone!" He sighed, "What took you so long?"

Bastard. He has the nerve to carry on like nothing happened. Well, I guess that's just how it is to him, he never gave a damn.

"Nothing." I replied.

"Then what took you-"

"I just don't want to talk to you." I continued.

I heard him sigh, "Selena, look I-"

I interrupted him, "Is there a point to this phone call or am I just wasting my time by talking to you?"

"God dammit Selena stop being stubborn!" He snapped, "Of course there's a point to this phone call."

"Well can you get to it?" I snapped back, "I have to go soon."

"Where?"

"Sorry, last time I checked, my personal life doesn't concern you."

"Selena." He warned.

I sighed, "I'm meeting a friend and I don't want to be late meeting with him."

"Him?" Justin growled.

I smirked, "Yes, him, as in a boy Justin now, if you're done with you're game of twenty questions, can you please tell me what the hell you called me for."

He was quiet for a minute.

"I'm sorry, ok?" He sighed.

"Don't be." I replied coldly, "We weren't dating or anything, it's not as if you cheated and it's not as if what we were doing was anything but casual."

He scoffed, "Bullshit. If this was just casual then you wouldn't have started crying earlier and you wouldn't be throwing some excuse about meeting a boy at me."

"You think I'm lying?" I asked, trying to keep playing cool.

So what if I was telling a lie? It's not as if it would make a difference.

"Well if I'm honest, then... Yeah. Yeah I do."

I could hear the smirk in his voice and to be honest, it made my blood boil.

I scoffed, "Typical, you think I'm lying just because it's someone other than you."

"Alright Selena." He said, "Then what's his name?"

"Chase." I blurted out before I had the chance to think it through.

"Chase?" Justin scoffed.

"Mhm." I mumbled, "Now, if you don't mind, I got to go, have fun with Kerry."

"It's Carrie."

"Right." I chirped, "Bye Justin."

I hung up quickly and let my phone drop out of my hand before I fell back onto my bed and covered my face with my hands.

Chase. Seriously? Out of all of the names in the world I just had to pick Chase.

======================

Thanks for reading :)