Chapter 15

Selena's POV:

I smirked as my eyes made their way back and forth as I watched my mom pace back and forth in the kitchen. My dad was leaning against the counter staring at her with a nervous expression on his face.

I wouldn't blame him. My mom was yelling nonstop. Seriously. She didn't even pause to take a deep breath. Her face was red like tomato.

"I cannot believe you spoke to her like that!" She yelled, "Selena what on earth were you thinking!?"

I rolled my eyes.

"She deserved it." I countered, "Face it mom she only talks when she's gloating about her son and that ever so fucking perfect family of hers! I was fucked up of it and unlike you I don't put up with stuff like that!"

She stopped and turned towards me. She gave me a death glare; to be honest it kind of scared me. I've never seen her this angry before and it was a lot to take in.

My dad pushed himself away from the counter and slowly made his way over to my mom. He put a hand on her back. She turned towards him and he took a step back, as if he was trying to protect himself from her.

"Don't you dare try and defend her." She growled.

"I just think-"

"I don't care what you think!" She barked, cutting my dad off, "She embarrassed our family by doing what she did, she made us look like fools!"

"She's a kid!" My dad retorted gesturing to me, "Surely you didn't expect her to act like a angel in front of the people that she only found out would be her in laws a couple of weeks ago!"

My mom a dad glared at each other, I shifted uncomfortably in my chair. My mom glanced at me and then back at my dad before shoving her finger against his chest roughly but he stood his ground.

"Y'know what?" She hissed, "She's your kid, you deal with her, because I'm done trying to make her see sense."

I stood up, "How the hell is putting your seventeen year old daughter in an arranged marriage sensible?!"

My mom ignored me and stormed out of the kitchen in a storm. I stared after her before glancing at my dad who was glaring at the door the slammed shut. An awkward silence filled the kitchen. My dad had his eyes squeezed shut as he pinched the bridge of his nose, taking deep breaths, trying to keep his anger under control. I huffed and made my way out of the kitchen and up to my room and closed my door before falling onto my bed.

This was just getting crazier.

I knew that somehow I had to get away from everything. I'm not talking about just heading over to Justin's apartment for the night. I mean really get away. Get out of the state. As far away from my parents as possible.

I quickly grabbed my phone and scrolled down through my contacts until I finally found the one person I was looking for.

Grandma.

* * * * *

"Hello?" My grandma's voice rang through my ears.

I instantly smiled at the warmth of her voice.

"Hey grandma."

"Selena?!" She gasped, I could hear the smile in her voice, "Oh my goodness, how are you hun? I haven't seen you in so long.. My god I miss having you around."

I giggled lightly, "I miss you too grandma."

"Did you need something?" She asked warmly.

"Uh... Well yeah." I replied in a shy tone, "I was wondering if I could come over and stay with you for a bit.."

"Of course you can hun, you know that you don't have to ask." She replied, "Is there a problem at home? Are your parents fighting?"

"I don't really want to talk about it.." I murmured, "I'll tell you when I get there."

"Ok." She answered, "When are you planning on coming?"

"I was thinking as soon as I can."

"Can't wait." She chirpped.

I smiled, "Thanks grandma, I love you."

"Love you too sweetie." She replied, "See you soon."

"Bye." I grinned and hung up.

Awesome.

I finally get to take a break from everything.

Now I just have to tell Justin.. Cross your fingers that he's ok with it.

======================

That's it for today, I will post again as soon as I can, Thanks for reading :)