21: The Best Night To Dig A Grave

"Are you sure you're okay?" Tony asks Lena for the fifth time. After being hurt badly by Rowan, the doctors released her by confirming that she didn't have any broken or misplaced bones, only a small concussion due to the head injury. She only needs a week of rest though, according to him. Only a few bruises cover her body and a big gauze covers her head as she rests in her bed with a cup of tea on both hands.

  "Yes, Tony! I'm fine," she answers, grinning. "You can go run with Andrew and give him kisses from me. Preferably, on the lips."

  Tony rolls his eyes, laughing at her comment. "If only you would've hit your head harder."

  Lena slaps his arm playfully while laughing. "Rude!" As they're laughing, Mia walks in with a worried expression.

  "Lena, are you okay?" she says, sitting next to her in the puffy bed. She rests a hand on hers and her head on Lena's shoulder.

  "You can go," Lena repeats to Tony.

  "Oh. I'll take care of her," Mia adds, smiling at Lena.

  Tony stands up and heads to the door. "Well, now that you're kicking me out of your house."

  "Shut up!" Lena yells, throwing a pillow as he closes the door behind him.

  Tony heads home in a taxi when the moon is already out. The house is silent when he walks in, Mrs. Sinclair and Aaron are already in their beds asleep. Quickly, he grabs his black, running shorts from a drawer and a light-green tank top he recently bought from the mall without making any noise.

  Just as he is about to open the door, there are knocks. It must be Andrew. Tony slams the door open and smiles at athletic Andrew with his similar black shorts and jacket. "Let's go," he whispers, looking inside the house.

  "Where were you? You seem tired," Andrew asks as they arrive at the Katerina Park and proceed to the Hush Hush woods. Cricket are chirping and a few owls can be heard as they walk deeper into the forest.

  "A small problem with Lena. No big deal," Tony lies, starting to increase his speed. Andrew follows next to him, stepping on twigs and dead leaves. They continue running for long minutes, only pausing to drink water. The wind is unusually chilly today as if today is going to be a night to remember.

  "Okay. Now I'm tired," Andrew says, stopping behind Tony to rest in a pine tree. His deep breaths are loud and big.

  Tony smirks, he finally beats Andrew. "Now who beats who?" Andrew looks up and sticks his middle finger out. Tony remains next to him, breathing in and out until he gains back his energy.

  Andrew stares at him, his dark pupils dilating every time they make eye contact. "Lena said to kiss you for her when I saw you," Tony confesses, keeping his head down. "On the lips."

  He fixes his posture and nears Tony carefully. "Well, lets make her dreams come true."

  Tony's heart jumps as Andrew begins to lean in. Closer and closer until their lips touch each other. Andrew pulls Tony closer to him by the waist until there's no space between them. Tony tastes honey from his lips, making the kiss more passionate and deeper.

  And they separate. "What was that?" Tony asks, totally out of his mind.

  "I don't know." Andrew's blueish, grey eyes never separate from Tony's. "But I liked it." Tony smiles and gives Andrew a peck on the lips for comfort.

  "Let's keep running," Tony says, starting to run ahead. Andrew catches up, grabbing Tony by the waist and kissing him again while laughing. Suddenly, they hear noise close to them. Tony looks behind Andrew and gasps loudly.