20: Michelle Is Such An Angel

It's still Monday and the sun is sinking down in Katerina's mountains. Michelle doesn't know what is happening a few blocks away at Lena's house because she's at the Hush Hush woods waiting for Karen to arrive. Many thoughts come into her head while resting near a tree: Did Karen found out that Joseph didn't send that text at school? Is she even coming? Does Joseph have the photos now?

  The tall, pine trees hide any light from outside making everything around her dark and gloomy. Perhaps Karen and her can come to an arrangement? Hopefully, this doesn't end the wrong way. It shouldn't. She can hear nearby runners jogging by the paths in the woods. Michelle isn't here for cardio, she's here to solve some problems.

  Michelle notices a figure through the trees, it's a female. She's wearing a black dress with white-pearls necklace. Imitating Michelle's gorgeous looks earlier in the morning. Her hair gives it away: striking red curls—Karen Flynn. She's stepping closer and closer without noticing Michelle's grey jacket and denim pants.

  "Hey, there," Michelle finally says once Karen is only eight steps away. Karen instantly turns around, eyes wide as she faces Michelle. She's wearing a similar red lipstick as Michelle was, also some blush and her usual, bad eyeliner.

  "Michelle? What are you doing here?" she asks, taking a curl and resting it behind her left ear.

  "Why so elegant? Looking for Joseph?" Michelle says, smirking at her enemy.

  "How do you know?" Karen questions, stepping backward, away from Michelle.

  "Guess who sent that text? You did see me talking to Joseph during lunch, right? But what you didn't see is the part where I took his phone." Michelle feels a wave of relief as she releases her actions to confused Karen.

  Her eyes get wide. "You didn't." Her bottom lip trembles in fear, continuing to step backward.

  "I did. Delete those pictures," says Michelle. "You don't know what truly is going on between him and me."

  "You're just a whore, aren't you?" Karen rests her hands on her thin waist, fear gone as she snorts. Says the one that came to the forest just to get a crazy night with Joseph, are Michelle's thoughts.

  "Delete them!" Michelle yells, running out of patience.

  "Fuck you, Michelle." Karen turns around and begins to walk away. But she doesn't get far because Michelle pushes her to the dry grass and twigs. It isn't hard since she's wearing high heels. She falls to the ground before looking up at Michelle with terrified eyes.

  "What are you going to do?" Karen whispers, her voice cracking.

  "You'll find out." Michelle jumps on top of her, searching in her dress for her phone. Karen tries to push her away but fails. As much as she looks, even inside Karen's bra, there's no phone.

  "Ha! It's home, dumbass." Karen laughs without noticing her phone peeking through her socks. Even when the moon is already out, the phone is still visible. Michelle dives into her legs and snatches the phone off her high heels.

  "Give it back!" Karen cries, tumbling over Michelle in fight mode. The phone slips off Michelle's hands and lands a few feet away. Both of the girls run to it to see who gets to it first.

  Karen does.

  Once the phone is on her hands, Karen decides to run as fast as she can with her high heels into the darkness. Owls and crickets can be heard around them as Karen jogs down a steep, rocky hill. Michelle chases behind her with her Converse, managing to get ahold of her red hair. Dead leaves fill the ground in this part of the woods.

  "You're a psycho!" Karen yells as Michelle grips her hair tighter.

  As Michelle struggles to get the phone off her hands, Karen twists her foot with a rock. Michelle gets ahold of the phone before Karen falls backward into the rocky hill. She watches how Karen rolls and hits her head in sharp, big rocks, cracking sounds filling the air. She stops rolling down after slamming into a tilted tree.

  "Karen!" Michelle yells as she runs down the hill carefully with shaky feet. She regrets it once she sees Karen's body from closeup. Her hand is abnormally wrapping on her back with fingers pointing different directions. Her left leg is on top of her chest, above her shoulder. Bloody scratches fill her entire body, including the face. Also, her right cheek is completely open in half from the rocks, revealing her teeth and tongue.

  Michelle notices, underneath the blood-covered face of Karen's, her spilling mascara. She was crying the entire time Michelle was chasing her. She was scared of what Michelle was capable of.

  And here are the results.

~

A\N: Like and comment xoxo 💋