Chapter 1 - Kaori

Hello everyone! The chapter "name" will be whose POV the chapter will be in.

Song of the day is "We don't need to dance" By Castelle feat Nic Hanson.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow me on Wattpad! <3

Entering the small apartment I remove my shoes and shuffle into the kitchen, my stomach growling and my eyes drooping after the long day.

Being a Shinobi is hard work, it's only been a few weeks since I got settled in but I could already feel my body becoming hardened and solid. Of course I've only been training so far, they're making sure my body is in peak condition before sending me out.

Smacking my lips together I open the fridge and smile at the container of leftover rice and egg sitting on the top shelf. I swipe it up and bring it to the table where I start to devour it like a ravenous wolf.

Pulling my favourite book out of my pants pocket I begin to read as I eat. Icha Icha is so raunchy and perfect, something about the horrible cliches make it my guilty pleasure.

Apparently the author is from this village but he's off training his apprentice somewhere. It's a shame really, I'd fan girl so hard if he signed my series.

I groan as a knock on the front door brings me out of my book, reluctantly I put it down and make my way to the entrance of my apartment.

Swinging open the door my eyes are met with a handsome and smiling man. His eyes looking into my own with their dark red stare. Heat rushes to my face and I break eye contact quickly.

"Hello! I'm your neighbor Shintaro. I just moved in today and thought I'd introduce myself." His voice is youthful and full of energy, putting a smile on my face as I look back up at him.

"I'm Kaori, I just moved here not too long ago as well." I respond showing him my smile and his eyes sparkle at this.

"W-Want to come in for some tea?" I open the door wider for him and he nods in response, following me to the kitchen.

I begin to boil water in the kettle as he takes a seat at the table, I watch with a horrified expression as he eyes up my Icha book.

Swiping it away and putting it into my pocket I stand there awkwardly and he laughs at me.

"It's okay Kaori, I read them too." He winks at me and my face flushes, I turn and face the kettle waiting for it to finish.

Oh my god... He's super cute, friendly, and he also reads this trashy romance series?! Looks like lady luck is on my side today!

I smile to myself and begin to pour some tea as the water finishes. Placing it on the table in front of him I watch as he inhales deeply.

"Smells great! What kind of tea is this?" he asks me as I sit across from him with my own cup.

"Oh, it's just Chai tea." Answering him I take a sip and let the hot liquid pour down my throat.

"So what brought you to Konoha?" He asks with excitement in his voice.

"I lost my memories, I woke up and didn't even know my own name but I remembered this village. I came here hoping to find out more about myself but I've also been becoming a new person too. I'm a Shinobi here now and for the first time since I woke up I feel important and at home." I respond seriously and he stares at me with a smirk on his lips.

"I had a feeling you were a ninja, I'm not but I have worked with a lot of them before. I'm a scientist." He takes another sip of his tea and I raise my eyebrows at him.