•1

{Flashback; 1997}
July 10, 1997

7/10/97

"Five more minutes boys." said an unoccupied mother of three Sonya Curry whom was busy roasting chicken with the help from her husband Dell Curry who was busy watching the Lakers game.

The greens were cooking on the stove at the moment after being seasoned, "Sweetheart may you come here." Her husband sat up off the sofa walking to his wife as she smiled at his sight. "Does the taste funny." Sonya held the spoon up to his lips as he licks it.

"Sweet just like you." So cheesy as always. The couples lips moved together gently as Sonya wraps her arms around her mans neck, totally forgetting about the greens.

Meanwhile with the boys, "Is it clear? Are they in the kitchen?" said a ten year old Wardell Stephen Curry peaking through the door he only goes by his first name when he's in trouble. Seth raises his thumbs up as he throws himself on the couch while his older brother jumps on the counter trying to reach for the cookies.

The #1 rule in the Curry's household: No snacks until dinner is over.

He wasn't careful in fact he made more noise than expected, "Hey! What you doing." an annoyed Dell yells, grabbing Steph by his small frame putting him back on his feet. "Dad!" Stephen bellows with a sad expression on his face.

"No snacks until after dinner you know the rules honey." At least she didn't yell, "Go to your room young man." But Mr. Curry was strict and basically runs the house.

•••

"Shoot that three pointer Kobe, yes there you go!" Stephen's eyes were glued to the tv literally trying to study every move that Kobe Bryant had made.

He stumbles on the floor muttering a small "ouch".

Sadly school has to come first before anything, "I'll make it one day." Kobe made another three causing a loud scream to erupt from downstairs looks like the family is still watching."

15 minutes later, the family all sat in the kitchen at the dinner table saying their prayers, "Amen." Everyone says in unison, "I love you guys now dig in." Sonya curry eagerly says.

"Sydel stop hitting your brother or I will take your Dora toys." Mr. Curry apologizes to Seth as his arm is probably hurting, for a four year old she hits hard.

Stephen was quiet surprisingly at the dinner table with his arms crossed which is odd, "Steph your food is getting cold." Momma Curry says but didn't get a reply.

"Eh hem Dell can I speak to you for a moment." Dell nods in response before following his wife, "What's up?" They enter the dining room as Sonya rolls her eyes.

"Give him the cookie."

He huffs, "Hell no he needs to learn a lesson."

Momma Curry crosses her arms in frustration, "Please." She pouts.

•••

The adorable Sydel throws her napkin on Steph's plate accidentally, "Sworry Stephwen." Stephen busts out laughing before giving his little sister a kiss on the cheek. "I know you didn't mean to."