1

One month ago...

...23,24,25...

I was underwater again.

...28,29,30...

While closing my eyes I could picture myself deep in the ocean. Surrounded by nothing but calmness. It was almost surreal.

Every day I longed for this moment. I craved for the numbness in my body while it floated endlessly through the universe.

Everything else fades away. At least for one minute.

...42,43...

Suddenly the rhythmic sound of water was interrupted by some muffled sounds that grew louder and louder until I had no choice but to emerge from the tub.

It was Aunt Sheila knocking on the door.

"Adam! Adam!"

"What?"

"Finally! Why weren't you answering?"

"I... my head was under the water."

"Well, Harry is here."

"Okay. I'll be down in a second."

It took me a few more minutes to finally get out of the shower, especially because I was trying to find a good excuse to stay at home, but I had already used every plausible pretext before and Harry always knew when they weren't true.

I got downstairs and found Harry leaning over the counter where Aunt Sheila was making dinner. He was very close to her and was using his "rough and low" voice I've heard him use with many girls before. She didn't look uncomfortable, in fact she looked pleased, as if she was enjoying it.

Aunt Sheila was really young when she took us in, and although after a few years she stopped using her tight jeans and changed her heels for slippers, she was still pretty attractive.

This wasn't ignored, of course, by my friends, especially Harry. I've warned him last time I didn't wanted him flirting with my aunt, I knew he wasn't being serious and she probably thought it was adorable, but it was still weird for me.

I cleared my throat in order to make my presence clear. I also did it to make them aware I was watching what was happening and I didn't approved.

Aunt Sheila didn't budge, Harry on the other side threw me an apologetic glance and put his hands up as in surrender.

"I'm going out." I said to my aunt.

"I know, I asked Harry to take you out and force you to socialize."

"What?"

"I'm kidding" she chuckled "Have fun!"

We got out of my house and into Harry's car. Once we were inside I scoffed.

"If you're going to keep flirting with my aunt you're not welcome in my house anymore."

"Well I wasn't even going to come in but you didn't answer your phone. So I had to make sure you hadn't fallen and were bleeding to death somewhere in your room."

"I was taking a shower."

"Tsk... every night."

"What!? Yes, every night! Is the best part of my day."

"Well, believe me, this party is going to be the best part of your day."