Kabanata 38

Leave

We stood there. The crowd seems to be becoming more and more wilder and wilder, must be the alcohol and music?

Tatalikuran ko sana siya, ngunit hinila niya ulit ako para maharap sa kanya. "Saan ka pupunta?" His hold on me is so tight, that even squirming makes it so hard to do.

"Mister whoever you are, fuckin let my arm go!" I struggled. His scent and all of his physiques, made me remember that jerk!

I closed my eyes, as I heard the elevator opens. Continuing where did we go wrong and why we ended up like this.

Tumunog ang aking phone, it was him calling.

"Dexter?" I said worrying where he might be and what is he doing right now.

"I miss you..." Yun lang ang kanyang sagot.

Dumaan ang kirot sa aking puso. Hearing his voice, matagal na rin ng hindi ko narinig ang kanyang boses. I haven't seen him after everything that happened.

"Dexter Sienric, where are you?" I asked, my voice shaking, trying to be fine, but I just can't. Now, that I'm clueless where he is and what he is doing right now.

"I'm fine..." His cold voice echoed on my ear. "We will be fine soon."

I missed him so much too. There are days that I want to go in his condo just to check if he is there. The days that I always texts him and ask if he is alright. But hearing his voice right now, he isn't.

"Dex, don't do this...please" pagmamakaawa ko. The tears clouded my eyes. "Come home..." Pumiyok na ako. "Your mom and sister is worried sick."

"You don't understand Kat" Malamig niyang sagot sa akin. "There isn't a home for me. That is hell! Who the fuck he is? He has guts to even come back." He growled.

Tumulo ang aking luha. I guess, I can't understand him, I can't say anything dahil sa totoo lang, it's easy to say it cause I'm not in his shoe.

"Ganyan ka na lang ba talaga?" Tanong ko sa kanya sa umiiyak kong boses.

He didn't answer. His breathing is the only sound I'd heard.

When he didn't answer, new tears formed in my eyes. I wiped them just in time, bago pa sila mahulog.

"I won't judge you, cause you've been hurt and left by your Dad. But he is here now, shouldn't you fathom what is his reasons, shouldn't you hear his side first? Listen to me you piece of shit! I'm telling you this cause your Mom and sister is going crazy worrying about you. So please..." I cried.

"And... I'm worried sick too. I'm going crazy thinking about you!" Amin ko.

Hindi ko na nakayanan. I miss his scent, him besides me, we laughing and talking about our future. We cuddling. Everything about him, I miss it.

He chuckled. "Piece of shit huh?" He asked.

Kahit papaano napangiti ako noon kahit kaunti. I sniffed. "Dexter, come back. I miss you" ani ko.

Just as I thought, everything is going fine. Akala iyon lang iyon. There are more darkness in this love.

"Katrina!" Mom called me in a crying voice.

"Mom, what happened?" I asked nababahala. It's been a week when Dexter and I called each other. Last day ko na ito sa College and finally I'll graduate.

I was about to tell them that I'll graduate but hearing Mom's voice in a panicky state made me forget it.

I hurriedly went into the hospital. Joshua and Rose are crying in the couch while Mom is holding the pale and sleeping Dad. Tumulo agad ang aking luha ng makita si Daddy, na walang malay.