Kabanata 1

Crush

So where will I start?

Nakilala ko si Sienna at ang kakambal niyang si Dexter sa isang event rin, bata pa kami noon. Bastos na siya noon pa man. I never admire his handsomeness. I don't know why?  Sienna, I hate her also. Dati iyon, ang tahimik niya kasi tapos di niya ako kinakausap. Simply because we were kids. We craved attention.  Gusto kong maging kaibigan niya. Wag lang ang kuya niya.

Tapos mas lalo ko silang nakilala nang mag-Grade 1 na kami. We were enrolled in the same school. Sienna became my friend while Dex ... he was the bully and still a bully even now. Kaya sa circle of friends niya puro mga bully. I can't comprehend is  attitude. Kaya hindi kuna siya pinansin. Baka mas lalo ko pa siyang kaiinisan. Mas lalong umusbong ang inis ko sa kanya sa mga sumunod na taon. He transformed to a monster. A bully to a monster. I tried to say it to Sienna. Pero bawat sabi ko sa kanya. Hindi niya alam kung bakit ganyan ang asta ng kanyang kapatid. Sienna told me that he was good and not a bad brother to him. Duh! Probably his brother, malamang.

She also told me his brother was really affected in the separation of their parents,their dad abandoned them. Hmm ... that is a good reason. Pero hindi isang rason para buntungan ng galit ang mga taong nakapaligid sa iyo. They aren't part of your agony so why try to let them be miserable. 

I hate people who are cruel. Cruel and selfish that sometimes you wish you would not encounter them in your life. Pero wala eh. Meron at meron pa rin ang mga taong ganoon. They only think of themselves, they think they're superior and powerful. They do ruthless and viscious things. But no, I'm not scared.

"Hey!" I heard his annoying voice filtering inside of my head. His jolly voice. "Want to play?" He asked me. I just rolled my eyes and focus on my barbie dolls and played with Sienna. Dexter sit beside us and look at me filled with amusement. Umirap uli ako.

Kaya isa rin sa isang dahilan kung bakit ako kinatatakutan ay ang pagiging masungit ko. I would like it that way. The fiercer the better. People would never hurt you if you protect yourself unless you don't have the guts to stand for yourself. I also taught Sienna that. Na dapat matututo kang lumaban para sa pansarili mo.

The world is cruel and jugdmental. Better be ready than not.

His arms lean on the tables then his face was looking at me. His wild eye gazes. "Come on Kat!" He was still determine to annoy me. Sienna is now annoyed to. "Kuya wag kang magulo!" Sienna got angry.

Inirapan ko si Dexter. He is really frustrating! Kahit noong bata pa kami, maalaman mo nang basagulero siya. He punched someone in the upper Grade, that lead him to much bleeding. Naawa ako sa sinuntok niya noon. His stance definitely is so mature and firm that they gave him wrong expressions and thoughts. Niloloko yata ako ni Sienna. They have the same eyes and nose but not the attitude. Si Sienna is one quiet girl but really fun to be with while Dex is a ... shitty guy whom I hate.

Yeah! He is good at  making shit to those he want to be miserable.

"Your hair is so long. Don't you find it annoying?" He asked tapos dinuro ang buhok kong mahaba. Humangin sa kanilang balkonahe ang malamig na simoy ng hangin. Their balcony is indeed perfect for the view. Ang mahaba kong buhok ay tinakpan ang aking mukha. Aayusin kuna sana ito pero naunahan na niya ako.

"Kuya, will you stop it!" Sienna wanted his brother to go and just have fun with his friends not here.

Natulala ako sa kanya. I saw how he caress my hair properly to move it from the back of my ear. Hmm ...he is really so handsome. He got all the good things in this world but his attitude didn't. Tumingin siya akin at pinantayan ang tingin ko sa kanya. He leaned more. "You are so pretty!" His opinion didn't made me move or made me happy.  I know that! What's new?

Nag-iwas ako ng tingin. "I know that!" Then i made my attention focus on the barbie dolls. Umalis na ang kanyang kuya at biglang tumahimik ang balkonahe nila. Now, we can finally be in peace in playing.

"What was that?" Sienna asked me with humor in her tone.

Kumunot ang noo ko. What?

"Ano iyon Katrina? May gusto kaba sa kapatid ko. Do you have a crush on him?" She asked with little laugh. Her eyes twinkled waiting for answer.

Oh no way!

"No!" I said half screaming. No way! Highway!

I'm not a fan of badboys not in this life or in my next life. Hindi naman ako tanga. I would choose a great man with a perfect academic achievements than a bad bad boy who lean and depend on his parents. Well, there parents are separated. I know that we have all flaws and problems in our world. But its better than fantasizing a fairy tale world. Better to be alive and awake in a real real world. Things maybe are greater in our dream but reality is what we have.

Tumango siya at dismayado."I like you for my brother Katrina" she told me but I refused to cooperate. I don't do badboys. Tsaka bata pa kami. "We are only Grade Four students Sienna!" I said with frustration.

"Well, its a long road Kat! Dapat ngayon simulan niya na para mag-bloom ang relation niyo!" Tapos ay tumawa siya, Thank God she is joking!

I can't believe this girl. Sa kanyang pagtawa ay pumula ang kanyang pisngi. Ang kanyang mata ay parang nanghihikayat. This brother and sister's eyes are seducing me, it is so beautiful. Maganda at malalim.

"If I will be older enough. I  will find a man who is worthy of my time!" Taas noo at pagmamayabang kong sinabi. "And you better find a man who is also worthy of your time Sienna!" Pag-eencourage ko sa kanya. Tiningala ko ang langit at ang mga ulap na tumatakip sa araw.

"Bakit ayaw mo kay Kuya?" Tanong niya. She keeps on pushing me to try  Dex but I don't want him. I heard the confusion in her voice.

I sighed. The air blew, the wind made sound and the trees waved and danced. The chime of the bells also made a noise. Tiningnan ko si Sienna, I saw how her eyes is determined. Hinwakan ko ang kanyang kamay.

Cause he is a badboy.

"Your Kuya will be a playboy. I can sense it Sienna. Tsaka ano kaba bata pa tayo Sienna and your kuya too. Marami pa tayong pagdadaanan at makakamit kaya't it isn't the time to settle down on boyfriend or crush thingy!" I said then I snapped my hands on her. She blink and laugh. I laughed too.

I should not generalize but I am doing it. I know they're in top of the social hierarchy. They're fuckin rich and Dex uses it as a weapon. He is the typical spoiled brat and bad boy of a story. All of the bad boys are playboy, if not they're addicted to their bad habits: drinking, probaly drugs. And an ovation for my mature thinking, we are just kids no!

I know my generalization seems bad and too much but I see him like that. A bad boy with no ideas of his future.

Nakita ko sa kanilang garage si Dexter kasama ang mga barkada niya at nagtatawanan. Nakita ko ang pagsulyap niya rito sa balkonahe pero parang guni guni ko lang iyon. Then they went to the pool with his friends.

Bata pa nga kami!

I will never like him. Not his type, not even the riches they have. Cause I know. We are still kid trying to have knowledge on more mature things.