There's Nothing Holding Me Back (Todd x Oona)

Start from the beginning

Just then Todd had snatched the gadget right from under her.

"Todd!" She was in disbelief that he had just done that, and worried... really worried.

"Relax, Oona. I just wanted to have a look at it. Besides, I'll give it back... 2 weeks from now." He then laughed his old evil laugh before hurrying out of there.

Oona was frozen, too frightened to tell anyone about what happened. After all, it was her fault for taking him there in the first place. She should have known better.

Two weeks went by in a flash, and Todd gave Oona back her gadget like he had promised in the same local garden as before. The warm sunset washed over them, as an orange hue highlighted their faces.

"I hope you don't mind. I made some adjustments to it," he shared.

"What kind of adjustments?" If Oona had been worried a couple of weeks ago, that was nothing compared to right now.

"Why don't you find out," he challenged.

Oona squeezed her eyes shut, cautiously zapping the gadget towards a tree, but all that happened was a dandelion grew. In the blink of an eye though, its yellow petals were gone, and the white, fuzzy seeds had taken their place.

"Go ahead. Make a wish, Oona," Todd told her.

Oona cautiously stepped forward, picking the weed.

"What'd ya wish for," Todd asked, suddenly right next to her, after she had blown the white fluff away.

"Can't you guess?" She stared him down, hoping that he would see how much she wanted him to just leave her alone.

"Come on, Oona, I can make all your wishes come true. Let me just take you to the local junk yard." He gently grabbed her wrist, Oona stumbling after him out of fear.

Once they got there he handed her a couple of gadgets.

"How did you..." She couldn't even complete her sentence.

"Come on, Oona. I know that you just want to go crazy. You're just as sane as I am," he quoted.

"This isn't some Harry Potter movie, and I am not like you," Oona emphasized.

Todd shrugged as he pretended to start walking away. "Your choice."

Suddenly there was a flash of blue, and Todd's hair had two cat ears sticking out of it. Oona tried to hold it in, but the maniac laugh escaped anyway. Even though she was normal, she also had a secret, almost insane side, which she rarely let shine through.

Todd grinned as Oona realized how much power she held in her hands, and soon they were both zapping things like crazy, having the time of their lives.

He threw her yet another new gadget he had tweaked, that she effortlessly caught, which was the opposite of her usual, clumsy demeanor.

"Ready," Oona wondered.

They were deep within the junk yard where no one would ever be able to find them.

"Ready," Todd confirmed, and the brilliant blue light was soaring through the air once again.

"Oh, I've been shaking

I love it when you go crazy

You take all my inhibitions

Baby, there's nothing holding me back

You take me places that tear up my reputation

Manipulate my decisions

Baby, there's nothing holding me back

There's nothing holding me back

There's nothing holding me back"

Todd's hair was now a crazy shade of forest green.

"'Cause if we lost our minds and we took it way too far

I know we'd be alright, I know we would be alright

If you were by my side and we stumbled in the dark

I know we'd be alright, I know we would be alright

'Cause if we lost our minds and we took it way too far

But I know we'd be alright, I know we would be alright

If you were by my side and we stumbled in the dark

I know we'd be alright, I know we would be alright"

Todd and Oona had finally stopped in front of each other, two silhouettes against a pitch black atmosphere.

"We can't keep doing this." Oona was digging deep within herself to find the reasonable side, since Todd had discovered her insanity.

"I know, but it's nice. Not having to be a good role model for once, not having to deal with endless days in villain therapy, when you know that you're good enough to be a gardener..." Todd's voice was growing angry and a bit scary, but Oona shut him up with her lips on his.

After they pulled away, she added, "Do you think it's easy being a good scientist?! I have to store gadgets in my shoes! And I'm expected to help out on big missions, that could end up destroying the world!"

"Yeah, well, I take back what I said earlier. You're not just as sane as I am, you're just as insane as I am. But don't you see? I'm the most sane around you, because I don't have to be perfect!"

Oona couldn't help but half-smile a little. "Finally! Someone who gets it!"

"I'm still going to be Gardener Todd," he cut in.

"What? Am I crazy? I'm still going to be Scientist Oona too," Oona exclaimed, thinking that he was implying that she was going around the bend.

"I know." He smiled slightly at her, putting his hands into the pockets of his overalls. "What do you say we be our true selves for a little, while longer?"

"On it," Oona seriously agreed, zapping the night sky with multi-colored, whistling fireworks.

Todd gazed at her underneath the exploding colors. "With you, there's nothin' holding me back."

Oona responded by awkwardly jumping over a small pile of cans, Todd following suit, and making sure she never fell, but Oona wasn't so clumsy at the moment. Because she was not only being herself, but the vulnerable side of herself, the side she was too embarrassed to show anyone, except for one person, and she never dreamed it would be them.

A/N: So, this is a different ship. I just thought of this idea the other day when they aired one of the new Odd Squad episodes, "New Jacket Required," and I saw that part at the beginning when Oona had the odd problem. Anyways, I wanted to let you know that I changed Shawn Mendes song, "There's Nothing Holding Me Back," by changing which gender was being sung about. I just figured it fit the way Oona felt about Todd more in this story. I hope you enjoyed. Thank you so much for reading! Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you! <3