|Chapter 44|

|Emery|

One year later

One year later

"Mom, I'm going out"I told my mother as I walk out the house with my keys to my car. Yes your girl finally have a car. But I'm still living with my mom. 

My mom is working with my aunt at her business. It pays very well. My mom had her first car which was a 2017 Toyota Camry. Now she have a range rover and a Lexus. We living in a big house that have a pool. We get to see the Hollywood sign. Its very nice. My mom is a Anesthesiologist if your wondering.

I never knew she was one till she told me. She said always wanted to be one and they make a lot of money.

As for me, I'm making money too. I'm working with this magazine company. I'm so happy cause now I have a life.

Back in baltimore, I didn't have a life cause I was stuck in the house, no friends, and no boyfriend. Till I met Dave. He didn't teach me about life but he did made me open my eyes up. That I am something. People do care about me. God I miss him. And i feel so bad on how I left him in New York.  He wanted me to stay. But the way he left me standing there. People was looking at me feeling bad that I was dump like that. Sex was great but like I said, I have to clear my head.

"Hey Emery. Girl you look cute today"my friend Ashley said as I walk in the bowling alley with my other friend Jessie.

"Yes girl, you ready to get your ass kick"I said.

"Get my ass kick by you. Hell no"Ashley said as we grab our shoes. Ashley already rented our lane or whatever.

That night, I felt how special I was. We had a few more friends here that work with us. Some didn't. It was nice to see people laughing with you and telling you how pretty you are. Never heard this before.

I went from "hi, my name  Emery. And I'm a addict to liqour" to "hi my name is Emery!! What's your name? Ohhh I love your shirt and shoes. Girrrrllll you look great"

I'm not a addict no more. Well sometimes I get drunk. But I don't drink no more. Not that much I mean.

"Emery it's your turn"my friend Ashley said.

"Do mines right quick. I have to pee"I walk to the bathroom. I went inside the bathroom going inside the stall.

After using the bathroom, I went to go wash my hands. As I washing my hands, my phone started to ring. "Shit man"

I took out my phone and press the answer button.

"Hello"I said.

"Still sound the same"

Dave? "Dave is that you?"

"Yea, miss me"

I can tell he was smirking. "I miss you tho"

"Want me to come to California?"

"No, forgot you told me about your daughter huh. Spend some time with her"

"That means no huh"

"Yes. That means no"

"God Emery. You making shit hard for me, I want to be with you"

"Remember when I told you that I wasn't perfect...."

"Not this shit again. Emery, your perfect for me. I love you and only you"

"Dave, I'm not perfect for your lifestyle. I don't do drugs and I'm not that type of girl to get bundles in my hair and rock tattoos and have a big ass with big tits. That's not me"

"I don't give a damn about that Emery. I love you because of your personitly. How the way you look, I love that about you as well"

"Dave, I got to go okay. I love you"I hung up before he can say anything else. I sat in the bathroom and cried. I love Dave. But something about him is pushing me back. I'm not perfect for his lifestyle at all. I don't think he can take me serious.

I clean myself up and went back out to my friends. "Girl what you was doing?"

"Talking to an old friend on the phone"I said.

"Mhmmm"Ashley smiled then we both laugh.

My life never been perfect but right now, it's better then perfect.

It's UTOPIAN

The end