Vulnerable

Demi POV

I woke up from Laur shaking me desperately, heart wrenching sobs causing her to shake in my arms, her face red from crying and her eyes bloodshot.

Tears streamed down her face and she hiccuped between her sobs. Once I was able to process it fully, I pulled her into my arms.

"Shhh, sweetheart..." I whispered, continuing to coo to her as I rocked her softly. I ran my fingers through her hair, holding her head close to my chest, allowing her to be comforted.

"What's wrong, Lauren? Is it your head?" I questioned. Lauren only continued sobbing hysterically.

"Does something hurt, hun?" I asked again, but in different words, hoping to provoke an answer from the small girl.

She only gripped my shirt tightly, burying her face and crying harder. The hiccups in Lauren's cries worsened and her breathing became more erratic.

"Shh.. you need to breathe, darling. Breathe with me, yeah?" I whispered, wiping the sweat and tears from her face. Laur shook her head once, her starting to scream into my shirt.

"Hey, hey, hey... shhhhh, I have you, what's wrong, sweetie? You need to tell me or I can't possibly help make it better.." I said sadly, hating seeing Lauren in so much distress.

Lauren flinched in my arms and seemingly out of reflex, brought her hands up over her ears, the desperation of her sobs becoming more apparent.

Then, I remembered the severity of Lauren's schizophrenia and the fact that we hadn't picked up her medication yet.

I quickly texted the driver to remind her and she immediately got back to me, saying we were only a little bit away from the closest one and she would run in and grab it for us. I looked back down at Lauren.

"Lauren.. you're gonna make yourself..." Lauren threw up all over herself, also causing her to have an accident and only make herself more distraught.

"Sick..." I wiped her tears and carried her to the bathroom. It was an immense struggle just getting Lauren undressed because she was so upset. I was eventually able to get her into the tub and washed up, including her hair.

I knew it was a lot happening for the poor girl, especially considering how badly she must have had to been hallucinating for her to freak out so bad.

I remembered when Ally and I had gotten up in the middle of the night for a bottle of water she told me that Lauren had an accident and that she considered putting a pull up on her because of her behavior but she wasn't sure.

We'd decided that if she continued to be sick or if one of us felt it could be a good precaution for other reasons that we sould go ahead with it.

I laid Lauren on the couch, glad that she had stopped screaming, but also saddened because her breathing had gotten worse. I just wanted to get her dressed so that I could comfort her until she had medication.

I quickly found a pull up amongst some of Camie's stuff and slid it onto Lauren, then managed to get her into an oversized lion king T-shirt that I think was Dinah's and bloomer shorts.

Lauren didn't take her hands off of her ears or open her eyes the entire time aside from when I put the shirt on. I carefully moved her back into my arms, holding her close and rocking her.

I remembered how a couple of years ago when I met and got close to Laur and she would have episodes like this but none of us knew what was wrong, I would always lay her on my chest and braid her hair and it would help calm her down some.