14. Jared's Birthday Party

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know he had a girlfriend." Chase muttered in my shoulder.

"They got together today. Come on Chase, eat." I tugged at Chase's head.

"Can we leave afterwards?" Chase asked, grabbing a plate.

I saw Jared and Miranda locking lips and Abigail having fun hosting the party.

"We'll stay a while longer. We have to, I mean we just came." I told Chase, his grumpiness seemed to be increasing.

We sat down with our food, Chase still grumbling and all. "Stop being a grump, here eat chicken." I held a piece of chicken to Chase.

Chase ate the chicken, but still grumbled. "This is how you repay me after I got you those peppermint candy plushies?"

"You're supposed to enjoy the party...we'll leave after twenty minutes."

"I prefer five minutes."

"Fifteen minutes."

"Five minutes."

"Ten minutes, and I'm not backing down. Finish your food." I stabbed my fork at Chase's shrimp and ate it.

Chase frowned, "That was my last shrimp."

I smiled cheekily at him, "There's more at the table."

"Nah. I'll settle for this." Chase stabbed his fork at my chicken.

"You took my last chicken piece." I stared at Chase, who was grinning. Amused I went back to eating, "Fair enough."

"We have seven more minutes to go. I'll take my time eating, so the seven minutes will be gone quickly." Chase muttered.

"No, we can't do that. That's rude. It's like coming to the party only for food."

"Why not? I've done it many times. No one complained before. Many people do it, too. Some only say hi then leave."

I gaped at Chase, "That is not nice."

Chase shrugged and finished his food. Chase stood up, grabbed my plate and his, and went to throw them away.

He came back and was about to sit down, but I tugged him up.

"Come dance with me." I grinned at him. Chase smirked but nodded.

I lead him into the room where everyone was dancing and we both joined in.

Dancing feels amazing...it just feels so good to let yourself out. It's a nice way to blow out steam...letting the music take control of you and all.

"Darling Chainz, you're pretty dang good at dancing. Your hips can move." Chase gave me a wink.

I laughed, "Thank you. You're not so much of a bad dancer yourself."

"I'm your only dance partner, okay? You can't dance with any of the other guys."

My eyes widened, I looked up at Chase to see his serious expression. "Okay."

Chase grinned, "Good."

The song changed to a slow song, and I saw Miranda and Jared in each other arms. Jared seemed really happy...I'm happy for him.

"Can I have this dance, Darling Chainz?" Chase asked, holding out his hand.

I smiled and placed my hand in his, "Of course you may."

Two minutes into the song and Chase whispered, "You know, you're a very good dancer."

I laughed and looked up at him, "Didn't you say that before?"

He shrugged, "Just thought you ought to know."

I leaned into him, "You know...we're odd."

I felt Chase frown, yes felt, and ask, "Odd?"

"But I like it. It's comforting."

Chase let out a low content hum, which had his chest slightly vibrating.

We continued dancing with the slow theme with no words between us.

Feeling a bit tired or homesick ish, yes ish, I crawled up, "Let's get out of here, yeah?"

I saw Chase visibly relax, "Never thought you'd ask." He kissed my cheek, which took me by surprise, and led me out to the car.

While Chase drove us home, I asked, "You don't like parties?"

Chase shrugged but kept his eye on the road, "Not really that big of a fan."

"Hmmmm....why?"

"I don't know..."

I gave him a nod and soon we were home.

~

"Oh it feels so great to be home." I stretched out into the living room, finding Chase on the couch.

Chase smirked, "Hah, you're back in your big shirts and no pants again."

I stared down at my outfit, "I always wear shirts and no pants at home."

"Yeah, I know. Get your butt over here, a great movie is on." Chase patted the seat next to him.

Once I sat down, Chase wrapped a blanket around us.

Chase sighed and passed me a glass of fruit punch, "This is much better than any party."

I took the glass, "Thank you." I clinked my glass with Chase's, "And I couldn't agree more. Our movie time is better than anything."

~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~

I might be changing the title and the cover. The title might be Darling Chainz, I'm not sure. But the new cover will be temporary until I find a better one. And maybe a better title than Darling Chainz...but I don't know...any suggestions or anything?

Oh and sorry, the chapter is boring...it's kind of a filler...I apologize TT^TT