Strange

It was monotonous, colourless and bleak; an abnormal weather for the little town.

The locals had just watched the unusual weather as it lasted almost through the whole week, mostly hoping it'll all be over soon. Heavy clouds splayed across the spanse of the sky and it wept, over the small town, over the earth, over humanity, brutishly cruel and relentless.

Perhaps it wept more for mistakes, more than just the mistakes created by humans, but the probable mistake of their creation itself. Humanity with their touch of destruction.

Abstracts of flesh and blood that destroyed to 'create', creating more destruction and in the result, unknowingly destroyed themselves. It was only unfair that nature had to bear the disintegrating grunt of their bulk, even the skies high above were touched.

And it wept, Oh! How it wept, hard and sad and it tried to wash the earth below clean, and it tried to cleanse the abstract idiocy of humanity. Tried to heal it all. But they didn't understand, times were different, so were languages and they run, and they hid, the little beings, they hid from redemption. They hid from a chance to be made clean.

Boy! How they missed the signs! So the skies continued to weep, clear and saltless, through the eye of the clouds, neverminding if they were understood or not.

Down below, the little fighter moved stoically between a third of her classes. She'd still been reeling, although the stares were less frequent, she could say everything was back to normal, almost. If her normal was normal at all...but something was missing, something she didn't miss but had learnt to expect. And she didn't even know how to react or what to expect anymore.

From her window seat at the back of the Literature class, she sighed, watching the rain fall. It seemed like it told a story, like it were flashing a signal, as if she could almost actually understand. She didn't know what to make of it but she wanted to reach out and caress the sky. Till it was cool and bright blue again.

But she couldn't and didn't know how to and it made her sulky. At the moment the skies matched her mood, dark and foreboding. For all she knew, it was for miserable people like her the rain fell for, that the skies wept for. It seemed she wasn't the only one who thought so too.

Earlier in the hallway and around she'd heard them, snippets of gossip centered on her, as if she was the cause of the cheerless skies. They'd called her weird, a satanic freak, evil, a walking dead, a curse, a creation gone wry. Some had even called her the devil, that ever since she'd come back, more blue than before, things had changed. Awareness prickled her nape but she couldn't decide what it was. She chuckled softly brushing off the feeling, deciding that she didn't care.

"Ms., care to share with us whatever you find so funny out there?" Mrs. Dunlop, the literature teacher bit out adjusting her spectacles, forest green eyes narrowed on her passive student who had worsened since she returned. The petite blonde teacher knew the girl had problems, everyone did, and though nobody knew what they were, she just wished the pretty raven haired girl would just snap her head out of those storm clouds. She'd only been tolerant because the girl was good with her work and it was hard to find teenagers who were interested the little bit in Literature these days and so she automatically grew her a soft spot. But now her patience was thinning, she could hardly keep being partial when it came to her students.

Dark head turned towards her blonde teacher, heart shaped face expressionless as she shrugged ignoring the numerous eyes boring into her. "To think there'd be anything amusing about this world," she chuckled again, mournfully looking at her pale fingers play with themselves.

Mrs. Dunlop sighed tiredly, moving to grab a copy of Shakespeare's Othello off her table. She waved the book at the raven haired student, trying to brush off the blunt truth the young child had just spoken. "Whatever," she mumbled, all fight having left her, "Just pay attention, please."