I was already by the gate to her house, and I walked in. The place was silent and looked deserted, probably because it was already dark, but I saw a few lights on. Hanabi and Hiashi would be at their "important trip for the clan" if Hinata didn't lie about that too. I walked up to the door and almost knocked, but I was stopped when the door swung open. It was Hinata. She had a jacket on and a scarf, it looked like she was going out.

"N—Naruto-kun?!" She jumped back when she saw me.

"Hey . . . Hinata. How's it going? Do you mind if I talk to you for awhile?"

"I don't know if I have time . . . I have to get groceries, I'm kind of in a—"

There goes another excuse. I grabbed her wrist. "It's not going to be for that long, can't we just talk? Why—why do you keep making up excuses to not see me? Are you avoiding me, Hinata?"

She looked up at me, she put on a sad face and bit her lip. It looked like she was about to apologize, but what she did next shocked the hell out of me. She let go of my grip on her wrist and ran away, without even locking her door.

"Hinata! Where are you going? Don't run away!"

I was hesitant and jerked everywhere. I was confused and shocked. Should I lock the door first? I figured she had a key in her hand, so I locked the door for her before I started running after her. What did I do wrong? What did I do wrong? I kept on running until I saw her figure though the street lights.

"Hinata!"

I finally caught up to her and grabbed her hand instead of her wrist this time. She turned around and looked at me. She was in so much shock, she looked afraid.

I panted, "No more running away, okay?"

She looked at me and tried to let go of my hand. But I tried to hold my grip a little longer.

"Hinata, please, tell me what's wrong. Y'know you can tell me anything, right?"

She didn't say anything and was still trying to let go of me. Feeling a little annoyed, I finally let go of my grip. "Do you hate me that much that you don't want to hold my hand anymore?"

She looked at me and her eyes widened. She put on her sad face again and bit her lip again. It looked like she was about to cry.

"N—no, it's not like that, Naruto-kun . . ." She rubbed her eyes.

"So then why did you run away? Why do you keep on avoiding me? Why can't we go on a date? Why did you lie to me?"

"I—I . . . I, uh . . ."

She started to cry and tried to do it silently. She gulped down her tears and held her hand to her mouth. I brought her head to my chest and squeezed her tightly.

"I'm sorry, Hinata. I didn't mean to make you cry. I was just worried about you, and sad, and a little angry that you didn't want to see me, y'know."

She put her chin on my chest and looked up at me. She was still crying and teary eyed. "I—I'm sorry, I m—made you f—feel t—that w—way."

"It's okay, I just felt a little lonely. But anyways, tell me why you were acting that way."

"I feel kind of e—embarrassed now that I think out l—loud."

"Nope, you're gonna tell me. Right here, right now."

"Mmm . . ." She took a deep breath, it looked like she was going to explain now. "Naruto-kun, do you love me?"

"What's that all of a sudden? Of course I do! More then anything in the world, y'know that already!"

"I—I, uh, saw you with a girl last week . . . she was holding your arm. She looked really happy with you . . ."

So that was why. "Silly, Hinata. She was one of those girls who kept on giving me presents. Y'know I never respond to those girls, I only respond to you. I told her that I'm dating you."

She bit her lip and buried her head in my chest. "I—I'm s—sorry for thinking that way . . ." I could tell she was embarrassed.

"So you get jealous as much as I do, huh, Hinata? Still, though, that's a real silly reason to avoid me and back down dates. Y'know?"

"I—I'm s—sorrryyyy . . ."

I laughed, "You're such a baby Hinata, when did you ever crave this much attention?"

"Stop i—it Naruto-kun, you're m—making me feel embarrassed . . ."

"Okay, okay. I'll stop."

I rested my chin on her head. And hugged her tighter. "Hinata," I called to her.

"Y—yes?"

"I love you, y'know."

She reached her hands to my back, and tightly hugged back to me. "Me to," was her response.

"We should go home now, it's getting late. Hiashi would kill me if he saw me with you this late."

"Yeah we should." She giggled. "But my father isn't at home today, along with Hanabi. I told you already they needed to go on a trip for the clan?"

"Oh, yeah," I smiled at her. "So, Hinata. You're free tomorrow right? Can we go on a date?"

"Sorry, Naruto-kun. But I have plans tomorrow."

"What? After all the talk about this you still can't go?!"

She laughed, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

I pouted, "that's not funny, y'know."

"I'm sorry . . . I just couldn't help but say it."

"Meanie. Anyways, you'll go on that date with me tomorrow right?"

She smiled at me, "I'd love to."

I grinned in delight and kissed her cheek, "then it's a date!"