Fuckin' Niagara Falls

Start from the beginning

"Unfortunately," Dean grumbled in frustration.

Much to his surprise, Cas suddenly broke out into tears.

"Woah, Cas? What's wrong? Calm down man," Dean exclaimed in shock and confusion. He watched as Castiel's knees buckled and Cas lowered himself to the floor in front of him. The water was getting cold now and the side of the motel's shower tub made Dean shiver as he leaned against it.

"I-I thought you were hurt," Cas wailed into Dean already damp shoulder. "I saw the blood on the bed and got scared that something might have attacked you! There was so much blood out there, and you were acting so strange."

"Shhh Cas, calm down man. It's okay. I'm okay," Dean said moving his hand in a circular motion across Castiel's back to try and soothe him.

'So I'm the one who gets his period for the first time, and Cas is crying about it? Seems logical,' Dean thought to himself with bitter humor.

Dean was starting to shiver as the chilly water hit his skin, but it was clear that Cas wasn't ready to move yet. After a few minutes, Dean heard Sam enter the room and call out to them. "Cas, Dean, where are you guys? I heard shouting and- holy shit is that blood?"

Dean felt panic well up in his chest as Sam's voice got closer and closer to the bathroom. "Sam! Sammy! Hey! Man, you don't wanna come in here," Dean warned his brother.

"Dean," Sam paused just outside the door, wary of Dean's warning, but still greatly concerned for his well-being.

"Dude, I'm not dressed," Dean pleaded desperately.

"Why is there blood out here?" Sam questioned.

Dean stayed quiet for a minute. He wasn't sure how to tell Sam that he had gotten his period. Dean hadn't been planning on telling his brother at all. It would have just been easier like that, but clearly, that wasn't possible.

Apparently, Dean had paused for a beat too long because Cas spoke up and said, "It's normal Sam. Dean says he has his period. He had informed me it is normal for girls and has also instructed me to ask you more about it."

There was an awkward silence in the room as Dean's cheeks heated in embarrassment. Sam obviously didn't know how he was supposed to respond to that.

"I-uh... Dean are you- is Cas telling the truth?" Sam finally asked.

"Y-yeah Sam, he is," Dean huffed loud enough for his brother to hear.

There was an even longer silence now. When Sam finally replied, his tone was softer and more sympathetic.

"Do you- uh... should I go pick you up like pads or something?" Sam asked softly.

Dean knew his brother was blushing just as hard as he was now. This was more awkward than the time Dean had to give his brother the sex talk.

Sam had been fourteen years old and just gotten his first girlfriend. Their father was out on a hunt, and Dean was left to explain the every last awkward and uncomfortable detail about the birds and the bees to Sam. The whole conversation had consisted of Sam burying face in a pillow facing away from Dean, while Dean was left stuttering and mumbling over his words. He had ended the conversation by chucking a box of new condoms at his brother and telling him to
"Just wrap it up and be safe"
before rushing from the room.

Dean wished he was giving Sam the 'sex talk' again because that would be way easier than talking about this.

"P-pads?" Dean stammered as his mind slowly began connecting the dots. "Uh... y-yeah, sure that would be great Sam..."