ditched

i was finally in my 7th period, i checked for the time in my phone and it was about to end in 1 minute. i quickly close my textbook and gathered some papers i was taking notes in and shoved it in my book back. mr.Andrews, my science teacher,had no idea and just kept talking about the stupid lesson about the atomic theory.
" so as you can see—. the loud dismissal bell cut him off. "go on, your dismissed".

i stood up grabbing my bag and went into the crowded halls. i walk through the crowd squished trying to get through this stampede of teenagers, until one asshole shoves me so hard i almost lost my balance. i turn around to see who it is.

Ryan. of fucking course.

"watch-!" i close my eyes trying to calm myself down.

"sorry, are you okay"he said putting his hand on my shoulder. i picked up his hand from my shoulder and dropped it.
i took a deep breath " just watch where your going okay".

" were you gonna yell at me? carrie" he taunted putting a hand on his chest.

"shut up i least i didn't!" i snapped.
i turned around not letting him give a response. i figured a way out of the crowd and out of the school into the parking lot which was packed too. i looked to see if Rebecca, harmony, and kelani were waiting for me by Rebeccas car like everyday, but neither of them or Rebeccas car was there.
i quickly snatch my phone out of my pocket and opened iMessage and clicked in on Rebeccas name.

me: let me guess " we decided to leave early"😑

Rebecca: no, you were just taking so damn long so just walk home.

me: what the hell, right after class i went straight to the parking lot hows that taking long????
opened

this bitch really left me on open!

little by little the parking lot got quieter. i noticed a bench and sat on it. i open the uber app to get a ride home, then i hear a familiar voice.
"got abandoned?"
i turn see who it was,and it was Ryan walking towards his motorcycle.
" excuse me?" i lift my eyebrows.

" your so called "friends" left you here?" he said

my face quickly got hot. " i don't know what your talking about"

"well its weird that your all alone, i usually see you going with your friend in the car" he came and sat next to me "they obviously ditched you............ i hate to say i told you but, you see.......your not like them look what they did to you"

i look down at my feet just figuring out what to say. but nothing comes out.

"well, i gotta get going" he stands up and before he goes he looks down at me. "you wanna ride?"

"uh....no" i reply "i'll catch an uber"

"ok" he turns and heads towards his bike. then i thought to myself it was stupid to turn down a free ride and plus no ones around to see me with Ryan.

"wait!" i yelled out. he was already on his motorcycle turning it on. he turns to me with a smirk on his face and tosses a helmet to me.
i hop on behind him and placed the helmet on my head.
" grab on okay" he tells me.
i wrap my arms around him and he immediately accelerates making me hold him tighter which surprisingly made me blush. the smell of his cologne filled up my nose. suddenly i hear Ryan telling me something but i couldn't hear him because of the loud sound of his motorcycle.

"huh?!" i yelled out.

"changed your mind huh!" he repeated much louder.

"its a free ride!" i rolled my eyes and continued to grab on to him.

~~~~~~

we arrive to my house and enter the empty drive way. my parents weren't home, i guess their working late again.
i got hopped off and pulled the helmet out of my head.
"well see you tomorrow" he said.
he turns his motorcycle back on and puts the helmet on.
"thanks" i said giving him a small smile.

"no problem" he replied.
i walk towards the door,he turns his motorcycle around to where we came from and before he leaves i come back jogging towards him. "hey, why are being so nice to me? im such a bitch to you"

" because, i know thats not who you are" he accelerates with the loud sound of his motorcycle not letting me have a chance to respond. i watch as he goes.