Thorns and struggles

After the huge success of pokkiri thalapathy decided to experiment . He acted in Azhagiya Tamizh Magan , it was the first movie with thalapathy in a dual role and had A R Rahman's music . But sadly it turned out to be a dud as it did not reach the expectations. 

Next came Kuruvi , it had sky level expectations as it was being directed by Dharani (Ghilli fame ) . Movie released ... nalla dhaan irundhuchu aana Ghilli alavukku illa . (It didn't reach Ghilli . ) Ghilli yaa vida oru brahmaandamaana oru padatha expect panna fans ku idhu oru periya disappointment dhaane . (It was a huge disappointment for fans who expected a better film than Ghilli .) It turned out to be a dud too .

Next came Villu with huge expectations . But unfortunately it followed the footsteps of kuruvi . 

Next came , Vettaikaran , it was one of the highest grossers of  2009 . But still some fruits believe it was a flop .

 Ayan evlo hit nu theriyum la ... Vettaikaran adha vida hit nu andha padathoda distributor Sun tv Singam audio launch la sonnaanga . Please check it out . 

All these films were not classics or very good entertainers but they were not to the level of unwatchable . They might have fared less but they did bring back the most of the money . 

But then what made these films seem so terrible . It was the unabashed and paid critics . 

Venum na neengale andha time oda reviews ah paarunga , ellame negativity thaan . Oru kaalathula Anna paththi kevalama ezhudhunaanga . Padam nalla illana adhukku hero mattum dhaan kaaranam ah ?? Avara paththi kevalamah ezhdhuradhu la ungalukku enna santhosam . 

(The review of that time were filled with negativity to the point that they even wrote about him in a bad manner . It's not just his mistake that the movie is flop .) 

Next came Sura , as his 50th film it rode on many expectations . But due to many reasons it turned out be a disaster leaving heavy loss  to distributors . ( We have the guts to accept our mistakes and failures .)

Vijay compensated to the losses from his very own pocket . It would have been fine if he kept quiet or fled like some other actors . He took the responsibility and came forward and compensated . That too to the distributors who were ready to ban him from the cinema . 

The last line has a history and the real struggle faced by our thalapathy . Will tell it in the next chappy .

To be continued .....

Alright guys , amidst these failures there is still a thing for us to feel proud . That is neither did vijay fans leave their idol to face the struggles alone nor did they let him down . 

So ,this chappy might be a little emotional . But then there is good news guys......

2lakh votes , 58% for one man THALAPATHY !!!!!! He is in another level and stage now . 

Thalapathian for life .......