2. The new sidekick

Henry pov.

~~

The next day wasn't much better for me. At school by the lockers I saw Charlotte talking to some other people. But when she saw me, she rolled her eyes and walked away. I opened my locker and grabbed the books I needed. After that I walked to the class.

Soon school was over. I headed home. Luckly no one was there. After I ate something, I turned on the tv without even watching at it. I just couldn't think of something else than Ray and my 'old' job. I signed. I needed to get it back. I walked out the door to Junk-n-stuff.

"Hello Henry." I got greated by Gooch. "Hi." I said back. I walked to the back and took the elevator down. The doors swung open and I walked into the mancave. There was no one.

"Uhmm Ray? Are here?" I asked while looking around me. I saw Ray coming from behind the secret door. "What are you doing here?" He asked a bit pissed off. I awkwardly scratched the back of my head. "I uh, ehh.." I said.

"You're sorry and you want your job back?" Ray said. "Mm yeaa kind of.." I started but Ray cut me off. "No Henry. This went to far. And now go before I get mader than I am now." He said angrily. My eyes went wide and I signed. I didn't said anything and I just went home.

The next day I tried it again. But this time Ray wasn't that 'nice" like he was yesterday. He screamed at me when I stepped in and he threated that he would erase my memories if I came back one more time. Well yeah.. that was probably my last time in the mancave.

In my room I sat on my couch. So well.. Now I'm jobless and friendless. Can my life get worse? Yea ofcourse it can. But let's just hope for the best.

The week slowly went by. It was a friday evening when Piper and I sat on the couch downstairs. Suddenly Piper screamed because she saw something about Captain Man on the news. I rolled my eyes and I continued looking at the screen of my laptop.

Untill I heard: "Looks like Captain Man has a new sidekick.." My mind went blank for a few seconds and I quickly looked at the tv.

"Captain Man was spotted fighting some criminals, untill some people saw that Kid Danger wasn't with him this time. They saw a other handsome boy fighting crime. It looks like Kid Danger is out of the picture." The news host said. And they showed a picture of a boy around my age with brown hair.

"WHAT?!" Piper screamed. "WHERE DID KID DANGER GO? HE WAS WAAAYY BETTER THAN THIS NEW STUPID SIDEKICK!!" If Piper just knew who I used to be..

The news continued. Captain Man was on the screen now. The interviewer asked some questions: "So Captain Man, who is that new handsome boy that was helping you fighting the criminals?"

"Well that my lady.." Captain Man started, "That is my new sidekick 'Teen Lighter'"

What kind if stupid name is that?? I thought by myself. I felt the jealousy filling up in my body. I am way more handsome and I was a way better sidekick than than that brunette 'Teen Lighter' thing boy.

"So, what happened with Kid Danger?" The interviewer asked. "Well, hehe.. Let's say it like this. Kid Danger is no longer my sidekick so you won't ever see me fighting crime with him." Captain Man said.

I just couldn't think straight anymore. Ray just ditched me so easily and after like a week he has a new sidekick? I got out of my thoughts by Piper screaming at the tv. "HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT POSSIBLE?? AND THIS TEEN THING IS SO UGLY!!" I totally agreed with Piper but I didn't said a thing.

Now Captain Man and Teen Lighter were both on the screen. He started talking. "I hope that I and Captain Man can work together long and well." He said smiling. Now Captain Man started talking.

"And for Kid Danger.. If you are watching this, don't EVER come back! You see this boy? He is way better and more handsome than you. And best of all.. He is the best sidekick I ever could have in my whole life!"

I stood up and I walked as fast as I could to my room. I heard Piper say something to me, but I ignored it. In my room I slammed the door and I sat down on the floor with my back on the door.

I was so angry! Well.. If Ray wants to play it like this, I'm in...

~~

(A/n: Teen Lighter is such a stupid name! But I couldn't think of something else sorry XD)