Chapter III

Matt wasn't alright that was clear. He didn't even know why, yet he couldn't think straight. His head was such a mess. It had just started to bring him back to the past, when he heard someone say for the first time in his own young life: 'Matthew Holt is gay!' and that was no good.

"No!" He yelled to himself and slammed his hands on the desk.

"Matthew, are you alright?" The teacher asked as Matt's gaze fell to his shoes. "Y-yes, sir. I'm ok." the teacher titled his head and looked at the younger boy. "Ok, if you need to go to the toilets just so you can feel better, then feel free to ask." "Thanks, sir." Matt replied as he laid his head on his hand and slowly closed his eyes.

Was it because it was the first day of school?

Was it because the room was hot?

Was it because of his evident but not known anxiety disorder?
Yes he actually did have anxiety, and panic attacks were just fine to him, he had gotten used to them, but that didn't sound right this time.

Was it the teacher?

-

"Ok, Come on Keith what did you mean you don't like having people around?!"
"I meant you." He affirmed coldly as he made his way through the students walking in the hallway followed by Lance.
"That ain't possible! You're just lying because you don't want to admit that you like it when I'm around you!" Lance pushed Keith back as the kids turned to face them.
"What the fuck are you talking about! I don't even know you! Yet You're so fucking annoying to me!"
Lance huffed and smirked.
"Then you won't find this annoying will you!" He said as he pushed Keith against the lockers.
"You dumb mother fucker now I'll show you!" Keith said punching Lance right in the face.

"Sounds like a brawl!" The kids shouted as they approached them.

"No no no no no!" A voice was heard as someone pushed the two boys away from each other. Matt could hear the screams and followed them to see his teacher manage to separate Keith and Lance. That scene was so crazy, and disturbing. It's been a day since school started and it totally looked like Keith and Lance couldn't fit in with each other. Lance's nose was clearly bleeding and Keith was screaming at him like mad, but that wasn't the only thing Matt had been forced to get through today.

-

"Matthew, can you please come here for a second?" The teacher's voice echoed into Matt's head when he remembered of that scene. It had happened just before Keith's and Lance's brawl.

"S-sure, sir." Matt replied softly.
"Are you sure you're doing ok, kid?"
"Totally, professor Shirogane."
"N-no," He chuckled. "Just call me Shiro." Hearing Shiro's laughter was enough for Matt to sweat madly and run away. He guessed he totally looked like a jerk but he was totally out of ideas that's the reason he left that way.

-

"I totally hate you." Keith mumbled while reading a magazine on his bed.
Everyone was there: Keith, Lance, Pidge, Hunk and Matt.
"I hate you too, stupid mullet." Lance replied as he held an iced bag onto his nose.
"Just shut it already, ok? Don't you turn this day way more shitty that it already is." Pidge muttered annoyed.
"I'm sorry to say that but... Guys... What the heck have you done." Hunk whispered. Sadness and disappointment were the only feelings that filled his voice and that was sad.
Matt wasn't even listening. He was still thinking about the bullshit he had done in front of Shiro, that was so mind breaking to him.

"Well, time to get to the canteen before there's nothing more to eat." Hunk said interrupting the silence. "We should've been there since the bell's ring. Also, am I the only one who's hungry?"
"Nope." Pidge agreed. "No." Lance chuckled. Matt let out a chuckle and shook his head, and so did Keith, without chuckling, though.