Chapter Twelve

"Dada make yummy panytakes?" Lily's voice asked, waking me up the next morning.

I opened my eyes to find her sitting on my chest, peering down at me.

"Morning baby girl." I smiled at her and she smiled back, climbing off of me and sitting beside me.

"Mownin'." Her tiny voice piped back. "Dada make panytakes?"

"Okay, okay. Let dada wake up a little first princess." I wiped my eyes, sitting up and exhaling softly.

Glancing over at Lily, I kicked my feet over the edge of the bed and stood up, stretching as I did. I let out a sort of groan/growl as I felt the tension in my muscles release.

"Rawr!" Lily giggled, mocking the noise I made when I stretched. "Dada a dinosaw." She giggled again.

I chuckled and headed to my bathroom to brush my teeth. "Did you brush your teeth, Lily?" I asked back into my room.

She nodded. "All clean." She showed me her teeth with a wide smile.

I chuckled at her and put some toothpaste onto my toothbrush to brush my teeth. After brushing my teeth and quickly washing my face, I walked back into my room and scooped Lily up into my arms, kissing her cheek as she giggled.

I carried her downstairs and into the kitchen and sat her down on the counter. "You gonna help dada cook?"

She nodded eagerly. "Wiwy make panytakes too." She cheered.

Lily and I made pancakes that morning for the first time in a few months.

We ate and danced after, then I gave her a bath, dressing her in a cute outfit I had recently bought her.

"You look so pretty

"You look so pretty." I told her, kissing her cheek.

She grinned at me. "Tank you dada."

"Wanna go out for ice cream after dada showers?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yah."

I smiled at her and kissed her cheek again, setting her down on the bed and turning the tv on. I put Spongebob on for her to watch.

"Stay there, okay? Dada will be out in a minute."

I showered quickly and got dressed in a white Nike tee and some khaki shorts, slipping into my white Air Force Ones, and then quickly getting my curls in order before realizing that I hadn't done Lily's hair.

"I gotta do your hair." I told her, sitting on the bed and putting her on my lap once I'd set my supplies down.

"Otay dada." She just nodded and continued to watch tv.

I quickly did something simple, putting her yellow bow on it.